• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: ATT rom upgrade. Phone freezes.

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
ATT rom upgrade. Phone freezes.
Jun 11 2007, 10:59 AM EDT
I did the ROM update last night and everything installed smoothly. The finish button came up and the instructions said the phone would restart itself when you click finish. Instead my phone went the opening ATT screen(before that obnoxious 3g jet sound) and just freezes. In red letters it says "select KITL transport"- USB KITL or Ethernet KITL" below that it says "select KITL Mode" - Active or passive. THE PROBLEM is nothing works, non of the buttons work nor is the touch screen working. The phone just sits there displaying this screen. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
HTCdude
HTCdude
RE: ATT rom upgrade. Phone freezes.
Jun 11 2007, 12:09 PM EDT
Well, the good news is that since you got that ATT screen so it osunds like the Update did go through completely. What i recommend at this point is to first do a soft reset. To do a soft reset insert your stylus pen into the reset hole at the bottom of your phone (beside the USB and Infrared port). This will power off and power on your phone. Hopefully this will bring it out of that boot loader mode that you described.

If that does not work, then perform a button combination master reset on your phone. You can do this by pressing and HOLDING the two soft keys of your phone and while you are holding them insert the stylus pen into the reset hole at the bottom of your phone. Then take out the pen but keep holding the two soft keys until a screen pops up and asks your to press QWERTY R to restore to factory settings.

NOTE: the two soft keys are the ones above the windows logo button and the OK button on your phone.
7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 4 2007, 5:05 AM EDT
Hi there I have the same problem but I tried both of these options but I still get the Orange logo with the same KITL screen. I noticed that if I press the OK button on the side of the M3100 then 'USB KITL' appears on the screen but then the phone just sits there acting dumb!!! Any ideas? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 13 2007, 10:12 AM EDT
HEY I HAVE THE 8525 AND IT STUCK ON A RED GREEN BLUE SCREEN WAT DO I DO AND THE USB CABLE DOES NOT CONNECT 2 PC 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
GazzaW

GazzaW
KITL Transport
Nov 7 2007, 6:56 PM EST
I have exactly the same problem with my SPV M3100 and I didn't even do a ROM update. Any suggestions anybody? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: KITL Transport
Dec 5 2007, 6:21 PM EST
Did you manage to get anywhere...I haven't upgraded anything and I get the same problem too. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 5 2007, 9:00 PM EST
I left the sim card out of my phone and about 6 hours later it bleeped and started working finishing off an earlier hard reset and working again. It then happened a second time a week later after another soft reset. It's been fine subsequently (although I have been using a new iPhone that I bought as I needed something more reliable). HTC offered to repair despite it being out of warranty at 13months, but when they found out that I had unlocked it they threatened to charge me, as they thought that this might be the root cause (although it has been unlocked since new). 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 8 2008, 2:12 PM EST
I had the same issue. I called AT&T phone support (18008011101) and they are sending out a new phone. Only took about 15 minutes on the phone...that is a first, maybe AT&T support has gotten better? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 8 2008, 4:36 PM EST
if you have previously installed a non ATT rom image then you will have issues flashing to this new ATT ROM version. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Site pages
Top Contributors