• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: didn't work for my device

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
didn't work for my device
Dec 24 2006, 4:20 AM EST
i get to the message saying reformat completed... any more help? please? 4  out of 16 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Reset
Jan 27 2008, 2:59 PM EST
Hard reset restores the phone to all it's initial settings? How can i reset the device to an blank Windows Mobile instalation, without all the HTC crap on it? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Reset
Jan 27 2008, 5:38 PM EST
"Hard reset restores the phone to all it's initial settings? How can i reset the device to an blank Windows Mobile instalation, without all the HTC crap on it?"
You can't, unless you find a modified version of your phone's ROM on the Internet. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 30 2008, 4:47 PM EDT
When you press and hold the two soft keys, don't let go of them when you press the reset hole.

After pressing all three for a few seconds, don't release the two soft keys, but release the reset hole.

Finally, after a few seconds of still holding both soft keys, the message will appear - then hit the Green send button. - it works every time.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 31 2008, 1:34 PM EDT
"When you press and hold the two soft keys, don't let go of them when you press the reset hole.

After pressing all three for a few seconds, don't release the two soft keys, but release the reset hole.

Finally, after a few seconds of still holding both soft keys, the message will appear - then hit the Green send button. - it works every time."
Correction - it appears you need to keep both of the 2 soft keys pressed down and also keep the stylus pressed into the reset hole - keep all three in position and the screen will then appear asking you if you wish a hard reset - then hit the Green send button. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Site pages
Top Contributors