• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Fuze sleep modeThis is a featured thread

jatkins47

jatkins47
Fuze sleep mode
Apr 1 2009, 11:03 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 1 2009, 11:03 AM EDT
My Fuze goes into sleep mode and there is a delay to wake it up that takes as long as 10 seconds.This is very frustrating when I am on an automated call.It also happens when I am on a call and I am trying to add somebody else.I heard that this is a big complaint.I went through 3 Tilts for other reasons and everytime I complain to AT&T,they send me a replacement Fuze!Is there a way to fix this or do I have to wait for any updates through HTC?
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Hibernate Mode HTC Fuze
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Fuze sleep mode
Jun 29 2009, 5:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 29 2009, 5:08 PM EDT
"My Fuze goes into sleep mode and there is a delay to wake it up that takes as long as 10 seconds.This is very frustrating when I am on an automated call.It also happens when I am on a call and I am trying to add somebody else.I heard that this is a big complaint.I went through 3 Tilts for other reasons and everytime I complain to AT&T,they send me a replacement Fuze!Is there a way to fix this or do I have to wait for any updates through HTC?"
That time out interval is intended to conserve battery power. It was the same with the Tilt (Kaiser) and it can be changed in the registry of the device. There are also some folks out there that create cab files to help those of us that are not as savvy that will help you change this setting. Try xda-developers.com, the files are usually found there (example is the KaiserTweak Program for the TyTN II/Tilt).
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
2. RE: Fuze sleep mode
Jun 29 2009, 10:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 29 2009, 10:26 PM EDT
"My Fuze goes into sleep mode and there is a delay to wake it up that takes as long as 10 seconds.This is very frustrating when I am on an automated call.It also happens when I am on a call and I am trying to add somebody else.I heard that this is a big complaint.I went through 3 Tilts for other reasons and everytime I complain to AT&T,they send me a replacement Fuze!Is there a way to fix this or do I have to wait for any updates through HTC?"
Download and install Advanced Configuration 3.3. It has 200 tweaks available to make the Fuze do what you want. One of the tweaks is "Fast Sleep: disable". I have been using AC3.3 on my Tilt and Fuze for several months and it's a big winner. Check out the "Advanced Configuration" Page on this Wiki for detailed instructions on downloading and installing this software. You can find it at:

http://htcwiki.com/page/Advanced+Configuration

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)