• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Unlocked HTC fuze to be used with T-mobile?This is a featured thread

auw116

auw116
Unlocked HTC fuze to be used with T-mobile?
Jul 7 2009, 8:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 7 2009, 8:18 PM EDT
Hi guys, new here...i just got a new HTC fuze unlocked from ebay and i want to use it with tmobile. i put the sim in and i can make calls and send text messages but i am having issues with using GPRS and the wifi. I have found several websites that list the steps to setup the t-zones but it still didnt work. and for wifi, i have FIOS and i got the modem connected to the phone, but it still does connect using the IE nor the Opera browser. I always get an error message saying the Page cant be found check the connection or something like that. ALSO, when im at work, i can use the wireless router and connect and it works fine. PLEASE HELP!!
Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
1. RE: Unlocked HTC fuze to be used with T-mobile?
Jul 11 2009, 3:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 11 2009, 3:50 PM EDT
"Hi guys, new here...i just got a new HTC fuze unlocked from ebay and i want to use it with tmobile. i put the sim in and i can make calls and send text messages but i am having issues with using GPRS and the wifi. I have found several websites that list the steps to setup the t-zones but it still didnt work. and for wifi, i have FIOS and i got the modem connected to the phone, but it still does connect using the IE nor the Opera browser. I always get an error message saying the Page cant be found check the connection or something like that. ALSO, when im at work, i can use the wireless router and connect and it works fine. PLEASE HELP!!"
Does your phone show that a GPRS signal is available? There should be a "G" or "E" or "3G" on the top of the Today screen right next to the phone signal strength. If the signal is available, then you need to tweak the settings on the phone for GPRS. If no GPRS signal is showing available and you are in an area that has coverage, you should contact the carrier for help.

If you can connect to WiFi at work but not at home you need to check the router settings at home. Start by setting your router to open access with no encryption to see if you can connect. If that works, then whatever encryption you use on the router needs to match what's set up on the device for that particular router connection You might also check with your IT guys at work to find out what their router settings are that work for your device. I find that WEP works on most devices but WPA and its variants don't work so well.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)