• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: I dont like the new updateThis is a featured thread

Art5907
Art5907
I dont like the new update
Jun 15 2009, 11:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 15 2009, 11:15 AM EDT
I do not like the new ROM for the AT&T Fuze.... At first I did not worry about the ringtone. I could use mp3 song as a ringtone however now I cant use nothing. Can someone help me with this problem please
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Custom Ringtone HTC Fuze
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: I dont like the new update
Jun 16 2009, 1:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 16 2009, 1:15 PM EDT
"I do not like the new ROM for the AT&T Fuze.... At first I did not worry about the ringtone. I could use mp3 song as a ringtone however now I cant use nothing. Can someone help me with this problem please"
The size limit for custom ringtones (not the ones downloaded from AT&T) is now 300K. If you try to put one that is larger into the Ring folder, it wont show up in your drop down.
You can try going going to File Explorer>Locate the file you want to use as your ringer, tap and hold on it and then select Set as ringtone from the pop up (this used to work but I havent tested with the new ROM. Other than that, get a MP3 Trimmer and shorten the files.
Art5907
Art5907
2. RE: I dont like the new update
Jun 16 2009, 4:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 16 2009, 4:55 PM EDT
thankz, but where can i find a mp3 trimmer for at&t phones. for my understand at&t dont allow that program on the phone. plus i did with the new update anddon't work
talontsi07
talontsi07
3. RE: I dont like the new update
Jun 16 2009, 5:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 16 2009, 5:06 PM EDT
On my Telus HTC Touch it comes with a MP3 trimmer and i heard if you install this HTC Sound Manager (http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/jGnOl77Z4uYdC7Ew7tflWg%3D%3D1135294) it will install the MP3 Trimmer with it, someone try it, id try it my self but its already on my phone by factory so i can uninstall it to see if this HTC Sound Manager would install it..
Art5907
Art5907
4. RE: I dont like the new update
Jun 17 2009, 2:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 17 2009, 2:16 PM EDT
would it work on the fuze for at&t
Civura
Civura
5. RE: I dont like the new update
Jun 23 2009, 3:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 23 2009, 3:48 PM EDT
"
You can try going going to File Explorer>Locate the file you want to use as your ringer, tap and hold on it and then select Set as ringtone from the pop up (this used to work but I havent tested with the new ROM. Other than that, get a MP3 Trimmer and shorten the files.
"
This works with the new ROM update, you just can't go back into the ringer settings or you have to repeat the steps again.
Art5907
Art5907
6. RE: I dont like the new update
Jun 24 2009, 9:39 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 24 2009, 9:39 PM EDT
yes it works with the new rom update. make before u put it on the phone, make sure your phone is plug in (USB) in the computer.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)