• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: New smartphone user.... Help!This is a featured thread

dclausen

dclausen
New smartphone user.... Help!
Mar 10 2009, 4:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 10 2009, 4:12 AM EDT
I just recently got my first smart phone an HTC Touch Dual. This thing rocks, i cant say enough about it. But I was wondering what apps are out there that i should download... i.e better browser? Best Media player..... Ohyeah and i NEED flash so bad... cant seem to get it to work with WM 6.1? Any ideas/help would be awesome.

Thanks a ton!
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Downloads Freeware Touch Dual
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: New smartphone user.... Help!
Mar 10 2009, 10:51 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 10 2009, 10:51 AM EDT
"I just recently got my first smart phone an HTC Touch Dual. This thing rocks, i cant say enough about it. But I was wondering what apps are out there that i should download... i.e better browser? Best Media player..... Ohyeah and i NEED flash so bad... cant seem to get it to work with WM 6.1? Any ideas/help would be awesome.

Thanks a ton!"
Since this is a windows mobile device, all you need to do is find apps that are compatible with the OS on the device. There are tons of applications (some free) for windows mobile platforms. Here is a link to get you started: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/
kungfubass1961
kungfubass1961
2. RE: New smartphone user.... Help!
Mar 10 2009, 8:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 10 2009, 8:59 PM EDT
i have the tmobile dash smartphone and have run into so menny 3rd party apps, some would couse my phone to run bad and had to hard reset just to delite them from the phone, some were some what ok but not as useful to me, but these are the apps ive got that are very useful to me that do the job i need,
1.skyfire<<<all flash browser pc like
2.pandora<<rocks nice great music<<but then i got this from a cab that is for the moto-Q hehe,
3.mundu radio works great
4.octrovideo<<you can use your phone cam so your family can see you on there pc
5.smarttoolkit<<<makes your start look like pc start with other goodies
6.talkonaut<<has googletalk aol msn and yahoo this works great wont use your text mints
7.googlemaps with street view and latitude
there are tons of 3rd party apps you can get for your smartphone, but becareful always read up on them look for blogs on them befor you put them on your phone always and i mean always ask someone who knows what apps maybe good or not for your smartphone, you can always ask here the peaple here are always willing to help, good luck

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)