• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Touch Dual - Where are my emails going???This is a featured thread

dv13

dv13
Touch Dual - Where are my emails going???
Jan 20 2009, 9:27 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 20 2009, 9:27 AM EST
About 10mins +/- after an email downloads, it disappears. Nowhere to be found on this thing!
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Touch Dual - Where are my emails going???
Jan 21 2009, 3:22 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 21 2009, 3:22 PM EST
"About 10mins +/- after an email downloads, it disappears. Nowhere to be found on this thing!"
Sounds like your email is being removed from the server when you check it from your device. If this is how it is set, the next time your device goes to check your email, it will see that the "old" email is no longer there and remove it from your device. If you havent anything new in your box when it checks, then the Inbox on your device will be empty.
dv13

dv13
2. RE: Touch Dual - Where are my emails going???
Jan 21 2009, 4:18 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 21 2009, 4:18 PM EST
Well, I actually though it was fixed today. I recieved emails last night that were actually still there today but again, at some point this afternoon it decided to get rid of the emails altogether. I have checked every setting and nothing points to the fact that the emails should be getting deleted.
browntannis
browntannis
3. RE: Touch Dual - Where are my emails going???
Jan 23 2009, 2:44 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 23 2009, 2:44 PM EST
"Well, I actually though it was fixed today. I recieved emails last night that were actually still there today but again, at some point this afternoon it decided to get rid of the emails altogether. I have checked every setting and nothing points to the fact that the emails should be getting deleted. "
What kind of email is it?
dgiusti

dgiusti
4. RE: Touch Dual - Where are my emails going???
Mar 17 2009, 4:22 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2009, 4:22 PM EDT
Try adjusting the settings on your PC. If youa re using Outlook - got to the Options tab, and inthe advanced setting s for the email account - check the button for "Leave a copy of messages on the server" adn make the setting at LEAST one day. You can set it longer. It worked for me.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)