• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Navigation in Touch - ProThis is a featured thread

sminkal

sminkal
Navigation in Touch - Pro
Jan 28 2009, 6:26 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 28 2009, 6:26 PM EST
Here is my impression about the navigation in Touch Pro

The previous versions of HTC (Mogul, TyTn etc.) all had a scroll wheel on the side (besides the 5 way navigation button) and they came with a lot of nifty buttons (which can be configured, mapped to apps or disabled as required). This made the navigation on Windows Mobile convenient and very fast, even with a one-handed operation. For example, you can use the scroll wheel to go through emails and press the wheel to open (or browse through an IE window and press to open a link). The Touch Pro removes all those buttons and tries to replace those with Touch-Flo. The Touch-Flo falls way short in making the navigation easy. And even the basic things like scrolling through contacts etc. leaves a lot to be desired when compared to other best in class like iPhone.
Do you find this valuable?    
sminkal

sminkal
1. RE: Navigation in Touch - Pro
Jan 29 2009, 11:29 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 29 2009, 11:29 AM EST
A friend of mine who had the ATT Tytn tells me that the basic touch flow (ability to scroll by swiping) was already there in Tytn. the only thing it does not have (compared to Touch-Pro) is the Touch-Flo - Today and the geo-senser.

Both my friend and I agree that the earlier versions (I had Sprint Mogul and he ATT Tytn) were much better in navigation and usability.

Both on account of the size (somehow the earlier versions fit much more nicely in our hands) when typing in landscape mode and on account of the nifty physical buttons.

If they can upgrade the memory and screen resolution on Mogul, I had happily go back to my old phone. :)
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)