• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: RINGER!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 9 posts

Michelle888
RINGER!
Mar 4 2009, 5:07 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2009, 5:07 PM EST
I have an HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) and when i recieve an incoming call the ringer increases then decreases then increases again and so on until the phone stops ringing and i dont understand why, I checked the "ring type" thinking i had it on "Increasing" but i dont is there any way to fix this or can anyone tell me how or why its doing this.... Thnx! Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: RINGER!
Mar 4 2009, 7:22 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2009, 7:22 PM EST
"I have an HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) and when i recieve an incoming call the ringer increases then decreases then increases again and so on until the phone stops ringing and i dont understand why, I checked the "ring type" thinking i had it on "Increasing" but i dont is there any way to fix this or can anyone tell me how or why its doing this.... Thnx!"
Does it do this for any ringer you set (try choosing a different one in the drop down and let us know). Do you find this valuable?    

Michelle888
2. RE: RINGER!
Mar 13 2009, 12:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2009, 12:20 PM EDT
"Does it do this for any ringer you set (try choosing a different one in the drop down and let us know)."
yes it does it with every ringtone i put.... Do you find this valuable?    
mynameiskristopher
mynameiskristopher
3. RE: RINGER!
Mar 13 2009, 9:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2009, 9:38 PM EDT
Is it volume, tempo, or something else that increases and decreases.

And does it do it when you play the ringer straight from the ringer select screen?
Do you find this valuable?    

Michelle888
4. RE: RINGER!
Mar 16 2009, 12:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 16 2009, 12:38 PM EDT
"Is it volume, tempo, or something else that increases and decreases.

And does it do it when you play the ringer straight from the ringer select screen?"
it only does is when i recieve an incoming call, when it rings the "ringtone" increases and decreases until i answer the call, i tried changing the ringtone but it does the same thing with all the ringtones... Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
5. RE: RINGER!
Mar 16 2009, 2:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 16 2009, 2:05 PM EDT
"it only does is when i recieve an incoming call, when it rings the "ringtone" increases and decreases until i answer the call, i tried changing the ringtone but it does the same thing with all the ringtones..."
What if you set it to vibe 3X and then ring ? does the tone still roll in volume? Do you find this valuable?    

Michelle888
6. RE: RINGER!
Mar 17 2009, 4:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2009, 4:00 PM EDT
"What if you set it to vibe 3X and then ring ? does the tone still roll in volume?"
i just tried the "vibrate then ring" and yes it still does it... Do you find this valuable?    

territrep06
7. RE: RINGER!
Mar 29 2009, 7:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 29 2009, 7:10 PM EDT
Oh my gosh!! I was just surfing the internet to find out why that is! My phone does the exact same thing! At first, I thought it could have been because I enabled the Microphone AGC, but then after I disabled it, I still had the same problem! Then I tried changing my ringtone (as advised above) and that didn't work either. Then, I backed up all my information to my micro mini SD and did a hard reset on my phone and that didn't help either!! I wonder what it is....? Just know that you are not the only one having this issue. The problem is, when you listen to the ringtone in Windows Media Player, it plays just fine, but when you have an incoming call, the volume increases and decreases and that is not supposed to happen. Can someone help the both of us out??? PLEASE!!! This volume crap is annoying! I dont want to have to get asurion to give me a new phone over a dumb ringtone issue! Thanks for any suggestions in advance! Do you find this valuable?    

jla88
8. RE: RINGER!
Oct 13 2009, 11:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2009, 11:47 AM EDT
anyone figure this out? Same thing happens on my HTC Ozone from Verizon. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)