• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: Problem with HTC soft keypadReported This is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts

sminkal
Problem with HTC soft keypad
Jan 28 2009, 6:24 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 28 2009, 6:24 PM EST
The bigger keypad from HTC is very buggy in Sprint Touch-Pro. While in Win Mo Contacts pressing "R" will start dialing a random number.

So if you wanted to search for "Frank" and started pressing 'F' 'R' etc. Instead of narrowing down the displayed names to Frank, Francis, etc.. You'll be dialing Fanny unintentionally. If you type just 'R', to get to Ralph in your Contacts, it will dial the first number in your contacts/ Address book without giving you any warning.
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Problem with HTC soft keypad
Jan 29 2009, 10:55 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 29 2009, 10:55 AM EST
"The bigger keypad from HTC is very buggy in Sprint Touch-Pro. While in Win Mo Contacts pressing "R" will start dialing a random number.

So if you wanted to search for "Frank" and started pressing 'F' 'R' etc. Instead of narrowing down the displayed names to Frank, Francis, etc.. You'll be dialing Fanny unintentionally. If you type just 'R', to get to Ralph in your Contacts, it will dial the first number in your contacts/ Address book without giving you any warning. "
This ia a known issue that will be corrected in the software update that HTC and Sprint are working on. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

sminkal
2. RE: Problem with HTC soft keypad
Jan 29 2009, 11:17 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 29 2009, 11:17 AM EST
Thanks. This is good to know. I cannot wait for the next ROM upgrade; because the keypad otherwise is better than the default in WinMo. Do you find this valuable?    

stumo
3. RE: Problem with HTC soft keypad
Jan 29 2009, 2:15 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 29 2009, 2:15 PM EST
I have the same problem. I have 600+ biz contacts and used to really rely on typing in their names to locate them. This bug with "r" key is very frustrating. I have found that if you use a capital R you can work around it but it's annoying. Is there anything in the works anyone has heard of to fix this? Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)