• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC Touc Pro Camera has been disabled for security reasonThis is a featured thread

D3xT

D3xT
HTC Touc Pro Camera has been disabled for security reason
Dec 19 2008, 1:25 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 19 2008, 1:25 PM EST
i have encountered this problem after synchronizing my HTC touch pro to our exchange server thru activesync (wifi).

On the active sync, after completing all the necessary exchange account credentials and clicking finish, a popup window appears stating "Exchange Server mail.example.com must enforce security policies on your device to continues synchronizing. Do you want to continue?" I need to select Ok in order for it to start synchronizing, otherwise synchronization will not start.

After the successful synchronization, I tried to use the Camera or Video then an pop up message appears " Camera has been disable for security reason" meaning I cannot use the camera. Is there any workaround to resolve this issue.

Would appreciate all your replies and suggestions.

Thanks.

Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Active sync Camera Outlook
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: HTC Touc Pro Camera has been disabled for security reason
Dec 19 2008, 7:08 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 19 2008, 7:08 PM EST
"i have encountered this problem after synchronizing my HTC touch pro to our exchange server thru activesync (wifi).

On the active sync, after completing all the necessary exchange account credentials and clicking finish, a popup window appears stating "Exchange Server mail.example.com must enforce security policies on your device to continues synchronizing. Do you want to continue?" I need to select Ok in order for it to start synchronizing, otherwise synchronization will not start.

After the successful synchronization, I tried to use the Camera or Video then an pop up message appears " Camera has been disable for security reason" meaning I cannot use the camera. Is there any workaround to resolve this issue.

Would appreciate all your replies and suggestions.

Thanks.

"
When you set up your corporate email and selected OK for the security policies settings, you allowed your company to disable your camera function.
The only way around this is to Hard Reset but as soon as your set up your corporate email, your server will again send the IT policy and disable the camera.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
D3xT

D3xT
2. RE: HTC Touc Pro Camera has been disabled for security reason
Dec 27 2008, 9:27 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 27 2008, 9:27 AM EST
"When you set up your corporate email and selected OK for the security policies settings, you allowed your company to disable your camera function.
The only way around this is to Hard Reset but as soon as your set up your corporate email, your server will again send the IT policy and disable the camera."
Now, i know which area to check and will double check our IT security policy.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers!
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)