Discussion: Chinese language on AT&T Tilt

Keyword tags: gsm (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

ptian

ptian
Chinese language on AT&T Tilt
Nov 21 2008, 6:43 PM EST
Can anyone tell me how to get AT&T Tilt unit being able to show and write in Chinese characters (prefer simplifed font)? Thanks alot! Do you find this valuable?    
talontsi07
talontsi07
RE: Chinese language on AT&T Tilt
Nov 21 2008, 7:14 PM EST
you want the OS to be in Chinese? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 22 2008, 4:01 PM EST
I am assuming that if I change OS to Chinese, I still can use English there on the unit. Am I right? If so, yes, I want to change the OS into Chinese. Otherwise, what other options do I have here?

Thanks,
Do you find this valuable?    
talontsi07
talontsi07
Nov 24 2008, 2:03 AM EST
No the whole thing will be in Chinese, There are a few apps. that will convert some of the main parts into Chinese i tried it and i didn't like it but it could be useful to you Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Tuesday, 8:21 PM EST
"No the whole thing will be in Chinese, There are a few apps. that will convert some of the main parts into Chinese i tried it and i didn't like it but it could be useful to you"
Partial answer? I travel to China. I downed from a search in the US a freeware called ZTA4 co. site www.zta4.com and it works great in reading any incoming txt msg in simpfy Chinese, PingYin to wordprocess well and do phonebook data in simpfy Chinese BUT the one catch is people who receive my txt msg in their regular Chinese phone see only unreadable symbols. No time to find a fix and it has no setting to play with. People talk about the CE Star but there is mentiong of locks ups. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Tuesday, 11:07 PM EST
That wouldn't be a good thing! Is there any option there to select encoding format while typing Chinese characters with PingYin once you install ZTA4? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Wednesday, 10:10 PM EST
Yes. I found it!!! I am currently in Beijing therefore picked up the phone and call ZTA4. Here it is: Start - Program – Messaging – Menu – Options – click on ‘Messages’ – check off ‘Use Unicode when necessary’. 到“程序”里打开“短消息”或“短信”这一项,选择“菜单”?shy;“选项”,然后再在“点击某一帐户以更改设置”下面点击“短信”,把“必要时使用 Unicode”选上。 这时应该就可以了。 Tested w/ 4 person last night and now twill say the ZTA4 is a PERFECT solution for the ATT Tilt on English OS. Very intuitive and clean to use. It is either PingYin or brush stroke input. NEVER crash once in 6 months of use. The icon on the bottom of the screen allows you to turn on the Chinese input keyboard or go back to the normal keyboard.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Thursday, 10:48 AM EST
Very good! I am going to give it a try by installing ZTA4 on my Tilt. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Thursday, 7:21 PM EST
is there a way to get japanese Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors