• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC S710 battery issue: HTC S710 drains battery in 2-3 hours

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
HTC S710 battery issue: HTC S710 drains battery in 2-3 hours
Apr 29 2008, 11:20 AM EDT
I've had this phone for little less than a year and in the past month the battery life has gone from needing a full charge every couple of days to only lasting 2-3 hours. I've tried two different batteries and that did not change the outcome. Also tried a clear storage which is supposed to reset to factory settings, it did but did not fix the problem.

Has anyone seen or heard of a similar problem with this phone? I really enjoy this phone but the power issue makes this phone unusable so any suggestions is welcomed.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: HTC S710 battery issue: HTC S710 drains battery in 2-3 hours
Apr 29 2008, 12:07 PM EDT
Yes...had the dash for 13 months and battery dies after 1 hrs; many times with bluetooth on in comm mgr, battery dies w/in 2 min and phone shuts off entirely. have to pull battery and restart. Apparently, a huge issue now. see
http://www.fixya.com/support/t404049-dash_phone_turns_off for more info. I'm going to try and drain batttery then fully recharge every 2 days and see if that helps. Otherwise, I'll invest in a new batt from ebay (~$10) and see if that helps.

Anonymous
RE: HTC S710 battery issue: HTC S710 drains battery in 2-3 hours
Jul 2 2008, 3:20 AM EDT
I've had the same problem, but it was not related to the battery. But for some reason the screen wouldn't turn off. Even after setting the correct options in Power management.

I solved it by factory resetting the device: Start/Expert/Clear Storage. Is a bear of course, as all your data and tweaks are lost. Oh well, hopefully I won't have to repeat too often.

Cheers,
Bram

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)