• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: DOPOD 900 Software

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Zaksupra

Zaksupra
DOPOD 900 Software
Mar 22 2008, 2:07 AM EDT
Hi,

I had bought DOPOD 900 online. I had enquired the seller about its compatibility. Still when received the phone is ok but the software is in some other language. Maybe Chinese. I cannot sync pocket pc at all!!!

These are the issues with the phone:
1) After hearing music from it...it switches and does not start again till 15 minutes even though trying again and again

2) When trying to save a contact it shows only name and contact number (unlike Qtek 1010) which I had since 3 years and which can add all the details home phone, office, etc.
4) When saving as outlook contact it shows as unnamed contact.

Can someone please assist in getting an English version of the software to sync?

Appreciate your assistance.

Regards
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: DOPOD 900 Software
May 1 2008, 2:42 AM EDT
download activesync from microsoft's website 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 1 2008, 6:10 AM EDT
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion but even though downloading the latest version of active sync did not work? Please advise how I can get an original software for active sync?

Regards
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
May 1 2008, 6:06 PM EDT
"Hi,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion but even though downloading the latest version of active sync did not work? Please advise how I can get an original software for active sync?

Regards"
When you say original version of Activesync, are you talking about an earlier version? If you have Windows Mobile 5, you will need Activesync 4.1. If you have Windows Mobile 6, you will need Activesync 4.5. Both version of Activesync can be found online by simply doing a Google search.

Issue 1: What music are you referring to? A streaming website or music files you have saved on your device?
Issue 2: If you Save the contact as a SIM contact, you only get the option for Name and number, if you save it as an Outlook contact, you get many more options (email, home address, notes, pictures, etc.)
Issue 3: How are you trying to save the Contact for Outlook? The first line should be asking you to enter the name of the contact.
If you are looking for an English ROM for this device, you are in for a long search but may want to try xda-developers.com to see if there is a cooked English ROM for this model.

Anonymous
May 1 2008, 11:03 PM EDT
"When you say original version of Activesync, are you talking about an earlier version? If you have Windows Mobile 5, you will need Activesync 4.1. If you have Windows Mobile 6, you will need Activesync 4.5. Both version of Activesync can be found online by simply doing a Google search.

Issue 1: What music are you referring to? A streaming website or music files you have saved on your device?
Issue 2: If you Save the contact as a SIM contact, you only get the option for Name and number, if you save it as an Outlook contact, you get many more options (email, home address, notes, pictures, etc.)
Issue 3: How are you trying to save the Contact for Outlook? The first line should be asking you to enter the name of the contact.
If you are looking for an English ROM for this device, you are in for a long search but may want to try xda-developers.com to see if there is a cooked English ROM for this model."
Hi,

Dear friend thanks a lot.

Please note:

By 'Original version' I referred to the original software CD I received with the phone. It is in some Asian language maybe Chinese. Phone has Windows 6 and I have downloaded Active Sync 4.5 from windowsmobile.com Still just cant sync??? Maybe I can download the original DOPOD 900 software from a site it may work cause My Qtek 1010 is cool. Still it syncs without any hassle. Only this DOPOD 900 has issues.

Issue 1: Music files saved on device
Issue 2: Contacts issue was resolved. Thanks again
Issue 3: Contacts issue Resolved.

How good can an English ROM be for this cellphone?

Further, whenever I am on a call it gets disconnected repeatedly??? To complete a convesation one has to call about 7 times for a 30 or 20 mins call late at night.

When using the camera it says device will reboot and switches off and restarts.

Regret and hate to bother you, but your assistance is undoubtedly and highly appreciated.

Regards
browntannis
browntannis
May 2 2008, 3:39 PM EDT
"Hi,

Dear friend thanks a lot.

Please note:

By 'Original version' I referred to the original software CD I received with the phone. It is in some Asian language maybe Chinese. Phone has Windows 6 and I have downloaded Active Sync 4.5 from windowsmobile.com Still just cant sync??? Maybe I can download the original DOPOD 900 software from a site it may work cause My Qtek 1010 is cool. Still it syncs without any hassle. Only this DOPOD 900 has issues.

Issue 1: Music files saved on device
Issue 2: Contacts issue was resolved. Thanks again
Issue 3: Contacts issue Resolved.

How good can an English ROM be for this cellphone?

Further, whenever I am on a call it gets disconnected repeatedly??? To complete a convesation one has to call about 7 times for a 30 or 20 mins call late at night.

When using the camera it says device will reboot and switches off and restarts.

Regret and hate to bother you, but your assistance is undoubtedly and highly appreciated.

Regards"
The Disk you got with the device should only have Activesync, Windows Mobile Device Center, the User Manaul and things like that.
Which Sync software are you using (Activesync or Windows Mobile Device Center for Vista)? What exactly happens when you try to sync?
Unfortunately, I do not know of a place to get an English version for this device.
Disconnected calls can be caused by poor reception, network traffic and an issue with the devices radio. If you see the dropped calls only at certain times of the day or in specific locations, that is a network issue. If it is everywhere, all the time that would indicate a device issue.
For the Camera error, do you see it when you use both the Camera Button and the Start Menu path to open the Camera? Is there something more the message that pops up that might give us more insight?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 3 2008, 12:31 AM EDT
Hi,

Thanks for response.

I am using Active Sync. It works good with old Qtek 1010. Only Dopod 900 cannot sync with it.

The below message is flashed

Active Sync cannot connect to the Windows Mobile Powered device.

Then I click next to start scan. It completes 7 scans : Compatilibility, RNIS, Network config, Device scan, Installed firewalls, TCP/IP Port 990 scan, Error code scan

Then below message is flashed:

Unable to establish a connection between the PC and the device. Get up-to-date solutions to common connection problems. Please click the following link:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=65257
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
No additional known issues have been found.
If you are still experiencing problems please send the results to Microsoft to help improve future versions.

Camera:

No matter how camera is selected it switches it off stating not enough memory etc. I had copied all videos, etc. to 2 GB SD card in it so that the memory is always free still switching on the camera means auto switch off and yes no pictures taken.

Disconnected calls:

Anytime during the day it just gets disconnected.

Music files:

As said earlier, saved on the memory card. Cant play any video on the phone as well

English ROM. What good does a ROM do? I will try to download from XDA.

Needless to add, your assistance is highly appreciated.

Regards
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)