• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTCThis is a featured thread

2  | Next
richbutler1

richbutler1
8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Nov 14 2007, 7:48 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 14 2007, 7:48 PM EST
My 8125 touch screen has failed. I also just went past warranty period. I've seen hundeds of others with the same issue while googling a fix...none to be found expect shelling out more cash on a flawed product. If you are sick of companies like this putting products out that are not well tested or ready for prime time and want to spend a couple of minutes to do something about it read on:

1) Post a reply to this thread and state your problem; let this be one master list of those with this issue
2) If you are an HTC representative, let your company know that we are upset and demand an appropriate replacement/fix immediately even for those outside of warranty. This is a pervasive design flaw and you know it
3) Send an email to HTC and let them know you are upset and the problem, it's easy start here: http://member.htc.com/CustomerService/CS_Mail.aspx
4) If you know of a writer in a major technical magazine, I would love to tell them my experience and would put some time and effort into finding others with this same product defect problem
5) If you are or know a lawyer interested in looking into or starting a class action lawsuit against HTC, please contact me at richbutler1 *** a *** yahoo *** com

I am not a litigious person, but this is not right and HTC is skirting the issue. You should really carefully consider their products if this is their behavior.
9  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
1. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Nov 14 2007, 10:47 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 14 2007, 10:47 PM EST
The 8125 is not an HTC product, it is an AT&T Cingular product. If you are having issues with this product, you need to contact AT&T Cingular. This is a common misconception with users in North America. Cell phone and PDA manufacturers make these products as per the specifications of the carriers. This product, the Wizard, is produced for other carriers, and does not have this problem. Therefore, it is not a manufacturing defect.
1  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
richbutler1

richbutler1
2. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Nov 15 2007, 7:55 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 15 2007, 7:55 AM EST
I think not. This is HTC hardware and if it was sub-contracted by AT&T(formerly Cingular). Thanks for the idea though. Both AT&T and HTC should be added as defendants in a class action. Thanks for the idea.

5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
richbutler1

richbutler1
3. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Nov 15 2007, 8:00 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 15 2007, 8:00 AM EST
PS: Check your facts on the hardware before you post:
http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/at-t-8125/4505-6452_7-31732999.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_Wizard
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
4. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Dec 15 2007, 9:00 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 15 2007, 9:00 PM EST
I am having the same problem. HTC suck....
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
5. RE: 8125 touch screen failure
Dec 17 2007, 9:23 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 17 2007, 9:23 PM EST
Absolutely a poor product. Problems and glitches from day one. Touch-Screen began to fail within six months of having the 8125.
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
6. RE: 8125 touch screen failure
Jan 1 2008, 5:25 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2008, 5:25 PM EST
i'm currently travelling in australia and new zealand and the touch screen of my htc tytn doesn't properly work anymore. it really sucks having an unusable phone when you're on the road and i don't think i'm going to buy any other htc phone in the near future again, although they build great stuff.

Anonymous
7. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Jan 10 2008, 12:06 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2008, 12:06 AM EST
I too have a phone the screen just died this phone sucks!!!

Anonymous
8. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Jan 10 2008, 12:08 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2008, 12:08 AM EST

Anonymous
9. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Jan 10 2008, 12:08 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2008, 12:08 AM EST

Anonymous
10. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Jan 24 2008, 10:04 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2008, 10:04 AM EST
i have the same problem along wit some buttons such as the top arrow button does not function and the speaker to hear from does not work. These phones are too expensive for there to be so many problems!

Anonymous
11. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Feb 19 2008, 1:41 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 19 2008, 1:41 PM EST
Just bought a 8125 from Radio Shack under a Sprint Plan, and the phone failed just after three days. Called Sprint, they said to take it back to Radio Shack for another phone. Is this a Product Turkey, should I jump ship now!

Anonymous
12. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Feb 19 2008, 1:52 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 19 2008, 1:52 PM EST
All, I am serious about jumping from Sprint if this is what you get after 3 days. HTC could be a product failure instead of recall they are passing the costs on to the consumer.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
13. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Feb 19 2008, 2:29 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 19 2008, 2:29 PM EST
In my humble opinion, I would seriously consider all of the issues posted here and elsewhere before committing to a product with questionable reliability and a lack of the manufacturer to acknowledge the product defects its customers are reporting.

Get a non-HTC product until they make things right for us.

Anonymous
14. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Feb 19 2008, 3:36 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 19 2008, 3:36 PM EST
One work-around has been remove the battery for 15 seconds and re-insert. It worked for me, its like PC cold boot. My phone is no longer a phone it is a traveling PC. In the early das of DOS and Window 3.1 we had sames issue. I see this following the same path, software brings a host of problems. Time to issues Service Packs for WIndows Mobile.
0  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
15. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Feb 19 2008, 4:43 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 19 2008, 4:43 PM EST
I think the "fix" you mention is completely disconnected from the issues noted in this thread. This is NOT a Windows Mobile issue. It IS a physical design flaw by HTC for their touchscreen slideout. Please read through the issues and post a response that is on topic and not deflective of the issue being discussed.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
16. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Mar 5 2008, 4:46 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2008, 4:46 PM EST
Once out of warranty, you need to contact HTC, and yes, the Cingular 8125 is an HTC product sold by AT&T
0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
17. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Mar 5 2008, 5:08 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2008, 5:08 PM EST
I did contact HTC and they denied any design issue and ignored my request for replacement. The number of responses in this one thread and the multitude found in a web search demonstrates this is an HTC issue and they have done nothing to make this right. I will never buy another HTC based product and those considering should minimally wait a bit to see if future quality issues shake out and seek out other more solid alternatives.

Your comment that the 8125 is an HTC product sold by AT&T is correct and understood.
4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
18. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Mar 13 2008, 4:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2008, 4:51 PM EDT
search for any product and look for problems you will find threds saying almos the samethings stated here.
i myself and 3 other co workers all have the 8125 for over a year and no problems. i loved the HTC product so much i went and got the tilt as soon as it came out gave the 8125 to my wife all work fine.

i feel bad that your phone craped out on you but maby its is not a disgin flaw but more of and issue with the abuse that a phone takes in your pocket, bag, purse, and even in its case.
take and treat your laptop the way a phone gets treated and see if its screen still works.

Flame on!! (because i will not be back to see it)
4  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
19. RE: 8125 touch screen failure design flaw, reply 2 get noticed by HTC
Mar 13 2008, 5:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2008, 5:15 PM EDT
I treated my 8125 with total respect. Never dropped, always put in the pocket without any keys, change, etc. Sooo whenever a product has issues that many others see, it should just be sucked up by the consumer as a statistic. I DON'T think so. How about the iPod battery issues of old or laptop batteries that crapped out or burst into flames? Those only happened to a small percentage of buyers. According to you, screw em'.

Next time try to post something of value instead of this misspelled, grammar school level drivel. What's your HTC employee #?
4  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
2  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)