• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Diamond not getting 3G or H, just G and E

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

robertGregory

robertGregory
Diamond not getting 3G or H, just G and E
Jun 23 2008, 1:34 PM EDT
Can someone help me here. I just purchased a Diamond and let it auto configure for AT&T. Now before I continue, I did the same for my TYTN II and it works perfectly. I get E, G, 3G, and H with no problem. On my new Diamond, after auto configuration, it will only do G, and E. One more note. It seems to lose the network often (generally indoors or near electronics), about every 10 minutes or so. Now, to help alleviate this issue, I called the retailer who sold it to me and he had me monkey around with the network / band settings, that helped a bit, yet no 3G / H at all.

So I'm Stuck

Thanks
Do you find this valuable?    
mdspadeccom

mdspadeccom
RE: Diamond not getting 3G or H, just G and E
Nov 8 2008, 6:04 PM EST
In Nov of 2008 I bought an unlocked HTC Diamond. It appears to have been manufactured for the Middle East and European market. It has the latest ROMs for the serial number, according to the HTC Web site (1.93.456.2/1.00.25.05). It definitely is quad band and is currently connected to the AT&T network on 850 MHz. The only issue is that the data connection is Edge, not 3G. (My other ATT cell phone connects on 3G at the same location.) So, does anyone know whether this could be remedied by a possible upcoming ROM upgrade, or is there a hardware deficiency in my European Diamond that will forever keep it from connecting to ATT 3G in the USA? Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors