• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: WiFi - I can connect, but...This is a featured thread

cjs1954

cjs1954
WiFi - I can connect, but...
Mar 11 2008, 3:30 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 11 2008, 3:30 PM EDT
I can see that I've connected to a WiFi access point. But when I go to a website, I see the modem dialing. Why doesn't it use the Wifi?
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: WiFi - I can connect, but...
Jun 3 2008, 8:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 3 2008, 8:21 PM EDT
"I can see that I've connected to a WiFi access point. But when I go to a website, I see the modem dialing. Why doesn't it use the Wifi?"
Try changing your default connection settings by going to Start>Settings>Connections>Connections> Advanced Tab and then change the setting for "Programs that automatically connect to the network should connect using" and choose ISP.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
2. RE: WiFi - I can connect, but...
Jun 4 2008, 8:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 4 2008, 8:34 AM EDT
"Try changing your default connection settings by going to Start>Settings>Connections>Connections> Advanced Tab and then change the setting for "Programs that automatically connect to the network should connect using" and choose ISP."
I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I don't see 'ISP" as one of the choices. I do have 'My ISP', which offers CSD and GPRS.. When I try to add a Connection, the choices are Bluetooth, Cellualr (GPRD) IrDA and Hayes compatible - no WiFi.

Additional thoughts appreciated.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
3. RE: WiFi - I can connect, but...
Jun 4 2008, 1:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 4 2008, 1:50 PM EDT
"I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I don't see 'ISP" as one of the choices. I do have 'My ISP', which offers CSD and GPRS.. When I try to add a Connection, the choices are Bluetooth, Cellualr (GPRD) IrDA and Hayes compatible - no WiFi.

Additional thoughts appreciated."
You cant Add WiFI as a connection, try using the My ISP...
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
4. RE: WiFi - I can connect, but...
Jun 20 2008, 12:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 20 2008, 12:28 PM EDT
"You cant Add WiFI as a connection, try using the My ISP..."
Bluetooth is an ooption,as are the cellular and Irda options. No WiFi... ;-(

Thanks!
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
5. RE: WiFi - I can connect, but...
Jun 25 2008, 5:58 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 25 2008, 5:58 AM EDT
In Start>Settings>Connections>Connections> Advanced Tab -> setting for "Programs that automatically connect to the network should connect using" ------ Here I created a new connection called "NONE" this would prevent the device from AUTOMATICALLY using any PAID connection to the internet. You don't need connection from here to connect to the internet using WIFI. If you like WIFI connection, just go to WIFI settings and choose any WIFI connection available.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)