• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Problem sending out email with pop3 server only on sprint network.

Keyword tags: Mogul Sprint
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Problem sending out email with pop3 server only on sprint network.
Feb 6 2008, 9:50 PM EST
I have tried working with sprint, but am getting no real response. I am having a problem setting up a pop3 email account. The account will work perfectly if I am using the WiFi connection. However, as soon as I go to the sprint network, I can only receive messages, but not sent them. I get the following error: “The message(s) could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. Then try sending again” I have ROM version 2.09.651.3 dated 6/14/07 so I believe I am up to date on revisions. I tried 2 separate accounts thru two separate carriers, and the same problem exists. Any help would be appreciated. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
gronnie
gronnie
RE: Problem sending out email with pop3 server only on sprint network.
Feb 7 2008, 3:53 PM EST
Check to see if you have the option enabled to authenticate to outgoing email server (it's somewhere in the settings when you setup the email account). That should do the trick. You should be able to use the same credentials as your incoming server. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 7 2008, 10:20 PM EST
I do have it set. I also have the SSL setting off (per my ISP). It apears to be something on the sprint network, as it works perfectly on the WiFi connection at home or at any hotspot. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Friday, 3:14 AM EST
Try using the Sprint outgoing mail server with Sprint username and password. That is what I use for my outgoing mail server. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Related Content (what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Navigation
Top Contributors