• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

YouTube on Dash

Keyword tags: None
Watch
Become a member of the HTC community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
YouTube on Dash
Jan 13 2007, 11:53 AM EST
When I try to watch a video on YouTube I get an error message saying "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player" with a link to "Get the latest flash player". I've tried to find the appropriate version of Flash Player at Adobe, but the one that says it works on Windows Mobile 5.0 has a .cab that, when I run it, says it's not right for the Dash. Any help? Quote and Reply Post a Reply 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: YouTube on Dash
Jan 15 2007, 2:27 PM EST
flashplayer for windows mobile is for flash lite. flash lite is a lighter version of flash for windows mobile. youtube movies utilize regular flash Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
LesBot

LesBot
Jan 17 2007, 10:00 AM EST
i have flash lite 2.1 installed already and i went to the adobe install page and it says it can not locate a newer version of flash available for my platform or browser Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 21 2007, 4:56 AM EST
Bottom line: you can't view youtube.com videos on your handheld directly from the youtube site. Instead go to tinytube.net. It doesn't have everything from youtube, but it's got a lot of them. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 5 2007, 2:32 AM EDT
Just download vTap.

www.vtap.com
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Breakbread

Breakbread
Feb 24 2008, 9:06 PM EST
What's the update? How do I watch youtube on the dash? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?