• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: I have two "silly" questions for everyone

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

lan_baba

lan_baba
I have two "silly" questions for everyone
Dec 15 2006, 9:37 AM EST
Does 2125 have a infrared port? What is the largest mini-SD memory card is can take, 1GB, 2GB? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: I have two "silly" questions for everyone
Dec 16 2006, 8:27 AM EST
Yes, it has an IR port. I have a 2GB card installed. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 16 2006, 9:44 PM EST
"Yes, it has an IR port. I have a 2GB card installed."
Thanks. But where is the setting for the IR? I just cannot find it. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 17 2006, 9:08 AM EST
"Thanks. But where is the setting for the IR? I just cannot find it. "
Settings - Connections - Beam to receive.
To send once an item is selected, menu - beam.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
4GB mini SDHC Transcend card
Dec 29 2006, 1:29 PM EST
I recently bought a 4GB miniSD by Transcend. I slipped it in back of the 2125 yet nothing happens...I cannot see it when I active sync, and I cannot find it within the phone...
Is there a fix for this, or am I doing something wrong...I am running WM5 I would assume being a mini computer I could make anything happen with it...

Any help would be great! Thanks!
frogroast

frogroast
RE: 4GB mini SDHC Transcend card
Jan 7 2007, 7:43 PM EST
First of all, SDHC cards are NOT compatible with SD devices.

This is from the SanDisk site:

What is SDHC?
SD High Capacity (SDHCTM) card is the new SD™ memory card based on the SDA
2.00 specification, introduced by the SD Card Association. This new SDA 2.00
specification enables SD cards to reach higher capacities - 4GB-32GB*.
Because SDHC works differently then standard SD cards, this new format is not
backwards compatible with legacy SD format host devices.
<snip>

Also, I am not sure the phone will support more than the specified 2 GB maximum.

Your only option at this point is either to return or sell the card and get a 2 GB miniSD card.

Anonymous
RE: Devices that support 4GB mini SDHC Transcend card
Jan 18 2007, 2:37 AM EST
I have read that Cingular 8125 supports or should I say works with class 2 memory i.e. 4gb SDHC.

Any comments.

Much appreciated.
Perry

Anonymous
Jan 23 2007, 1:52 AM EST
can you format it FAT, instead of FAT32 or is 2GB the limit on FAT? Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Jan 23 2007, 3:09 PM EST
All of HTC's current devices have only been tested and approved for use with up to 2GB. The upcoming models will be the ones that can support the 4GB. Do you find this valuable?    
frogroast

frogroast
Jan 27 2007, 9:16 PM EST
The 8125 might support it, but the 2125 is not capable of supporting it as far as I've been able to research.

Anonymous
Feb 11 2007, 12:43 PM EST
Okay so I ditched the 4GB SDHC...

I bought a 2GB Topram...My phone still does not recognize the 2GB?

Is there a button I need to press or function I need to change?
The card works like a Champ in my wifes Motorola Q...

Anonymous
Mar 9 2007, 4:20 AM EST
"Okay so I ditched the 4GB SDHC...

I bought a 2GB Topram...My phone still does not recognize the 2GB?

Is there a button I need to press or function I need to change?
The card works like a Champ in my wifes Motorola Q..."
I am also having the same problem I am using a 2 gig san disk mini sd card and the phone does not recognize there is any card installed what do I do? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 25 2007, 3:45 PM EDT
Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

I've just bought TWO SDHC cards on ebay. I bought the first from china. It came over I tried it and I hit big problems. My laptop didn't like it. Saw it as 2Gb when I connected it in a USB pen adapter rather than the normal SD port. I copied some stuff and wrecked the card. The files I put on appear there but are corrupt. Card is duff now I think (maybie you can reformat it?).

Anyway I spent all that money because I wanted it for my HTC Blue Angel PDA phone. So like the sucker I am I spent another £20 on it and deliberately went for a UK supplier. Luckily I decided to investigate the issue a littel further before I reached for the same adaptor I trashed my previous PDA with. £40 down the drain.

I'm going to just sit on the SD card now and wait until I actually own some device it works on (doesn't even work on my laptops).

Does anyone know if the Vario II is compatable with them (or whaever it's name is on other networks)? As I've got a phone upgrade due soon.....

Cheers folks.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 9 2007, 8:28 PM EDT
"I have read that Cingular 8125 supports or should I say works with class 2 memory i.e. 4gb SDHC.

Any comments.

Much appreciated.
Perry"
I have an 8125, contemplating getting a 4 sdhc. where did you read that the phone supports it? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 12 2007, 6:55 PM EST
"Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

I've just bought TWO SDHC cards on ebay. I bought the first from china. It came over I tried it and I hit big problems. My laptop didn't like it. Saw it as 2Gb when I connected it in a USB pen adapter rather than the normal SD port. I copied some stuff and wrecked the card. The files I put on appear there but are corrupt. Card is duff now I think (maybie you can reformat it?).

Anyway I spent all that money because I wanted it for my HTC Blue Angel PDA phone. So like the sucker I am I spent another £20 on it and deliberately went for a UK supplier. Luckily I decided to investigate the issue a littel further before I reached for the same adaptor I trashed my previous PDA with. £40 down the drain.

I'm going to just sit on the SD card now and wait until I actually own some device it works on (doesn't even work on my laptops).

Does anyone know if the Vario II is compatable with them (or whaever it's name is on other networks)? As I've got a phone upgrade due soon.....

Cheers folks.
"
im years late on this but you didnt wreck the card you got ripped off and they sold you a fake card Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 1 2008, 9:23 PM EDT
"I have read that Cingular 8125 supports or should I say works with class 2 memory i.e. 4gb SDHC.

Any comments.

Much appreciated.

Perry"
SDHC = Class 4 Memory
SD = Class 2 Memory

Thus SDHC will NOT work.
Top Contributors