• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: rRINGTONES

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
rRINGTONES
Dec 7 2006, 2:43 PM EST
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A PROGRAM OR HOW TO CREATE CUSTOME RINGTONES FOR YOU 8125 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Chris46

Chris46
RE: rRINGTONES
Dec 12 2006, 11:55 AM EST
You can try DJ tone Xpress from cnet/download.com The easiest way I have found is to just transfer an mp3 via bluetooth from computer. When doing so, it will ask you if you want to use it as a ringtone and automatically send to ringtone folder and apply it. To use it as a specific caller ringtone, just make sure it is in the ringtone folder and apply from contact edit screen. You can use full length mp3's as ringtones. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 3 2007, 2:07 PM EST
Is there any way to do this using the ActiveSync software and the USB cable, and not via bluetooth? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 3 2007, 2:17 PM EST
just select the tone or song from the explore menu, click the song for 3 seconds and select " use as ring tone"... and that's it! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 11 2007, 8:58 PM EDT
download the free program audacity and you can create the ringtones out of your mp3 collection. To have them appear as ringtones, they must be placed under the ringss folder in your device. MY DEVICE>WINDOWS>RINGS Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 16 2007, 12:12 PM EDT
The best way to do it is to use an mp3 editor on the PC. Ringtones (the ones the caller hears) only last for 23 seconds (30 seconds for the extended tone). Thus, you only need a ringtone that lasts for 23 seconds, rather than a full song. Pick your song, open it w/ the editor, cut out the 23 seconds of song you want, then save it on the PC. Plug the phoen in w/ Active Sync, open "My PC", go to "Mobile Device". Open Windows, go to System, the the folder labeled "Rings." Drop your song clips in there. Set them as ringtones in the settings menu under Alerts and Notifications. This will save the precious small amount of memory over using full songs as ring tones! Enjoy. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 28 2007, 9:12 PM EDT
"DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A PROGRAM OR HOW TO CREATE CUSTOME RINGTONES FOR YOU 8125"
Try using ThemeEditor by VITO, you can get a trial version or purchase the full version for about $15.00. It lets you record your own ringtones for your phone, MUCH cheaper than paying $2 - $5 for some other (usually bad quality) ringtone online. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 2 2007, 5:00 PM EDT
i like to use the voice record function on my 8125 and have some of my friends make a ringtone for me! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 9 2007, 7:54 PM EDT
the ringtone length is more than 23 seconds, thats for sure. does anyone know the exact length? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 25 2007, 6:33 PM EDT
"DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A PROGRAM OR HOW TO CREATE CUSTOME RINGTONES FOR YOU 8125"
try mp3 knife software and make ur own ringtone and as long as u want with a song u got on itunes or whatever mp3 fileu may have. then after the song is created, just drag the song to the activesync and ur goooood :) Do you find this valuable?    
VixOl

VixOl
Mar 26 2008, 5:08 AM EDT
The easiest way to make ringtones is to do it with VITO RingtoneEditor:

VITO Ringtone Editor is the quickest way to create your own ringtones. All you need to do is listen to the melody and choose the part of it you want to assign as a ringtone. User-friendly intuitive interface simplifies the process greatly. After you have started VITO Ringtone Editor, browse the folders to find the necessary music file in MP3 and WAV format and start playing it.

While the melody is playing you mark the beginning and the end of a ringtone: just a matter of two presses. The ringtone is created! Now you can immediately assign it as a default ringtone or just save it. You can also replay the ringtone and if it doesn't meet your expectations you can play the original file once again to select a different part. Create your own collection of ringtones with ease!
Site: http://vitotechnology.com/en/products/ringtoneeditor.html
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 22 2008, 2:35 AM EDT
Very easy to do...find the ringtone you desire...don't buy it; rigfht click from your mouse; save it to your desktop; once on your desktop use your usb cable from your 8125 to your pc/laptop and do an active sync...then in your programs on your 8125 go to settings...ringtones will be listed including what you have loaded and set it to your custom ringtone. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 22 2008, 2:37 AM EDT
30 seconds 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
CrowdedCranium
CrowdedCranium
Aug 9 2008, 8:04 PM EDT
I had some minor impulses to do some ringtone stuff.

I do not have basic information like 16bit, 44khz? So, I thought I would use nero wave editor and examine a file that is already on the phone and use those settings as a starting point.

The 23 second bit was a good clue, thanks for the tip.

I did see somewhere that the "default" tones are .WAV files in the windoze directory. And for them to appear on the list the wav format and windows location would need to be replicated.
Do you find this valuable?    
Top Contributors