• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: How to replace SDA face plate

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

lukepackard

lukepackard
How to replace SDA face plate
Aug 29 2006, 4:20 PM EDT
Anyone replaced their SDA face plate? Mine is very scratched and I'd like to replace it. Would be interested in any advise/suggestions.

Thanks,
Luke
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: How to replace SDA face plate
Nov 25 2006, 9:35 AM EST
hi i managed to do mine and got a new one of ebay ,but can be a bit tricky to do 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 5 2006, 7:40 PM EST
Can send me the link for the ebay seller who sell the faceplates? 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 13 2006, 12:06 PM EST
I could use one too... Dropped my phone nad one side is comming off... 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 4 2007, 5:22 PM EDT
wow they sll this?! Ill have to check it out my front cover has finally completely come off... 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 7 2008, 2:26 PM EST
"hi i managed to do mine and got a new one of ebay ,but can be a bit tricky to do "
can you please post the exact--step by step instructions on doing this? I got the three screws off from beneath the battery but thats it. I will really appreciate it if you can help. Thank you in advance. Do you find this valuable?    
markanthonypr

markanthonypr
Feb 13 2008, 2:48 AM EST
I've put mine apart several times; it’s tricky, but not impossible. I'll try to explain. First let’s keep in mind this phone is basically 4 parts (1 battery cover, 1 top cover, 1 face plate, 1 back plate and the motherboard).

1. Start by removing the battery cover, battery, sim and memory card.
2. Remove top cover (where cam is) by sliding a small thin flat screwdriver by the sides, from bottom towards top (as if you were ridding the screw driver thru the sides where the battery cover slides in) and gently twist it. You need to do this on both lower ends of that top cover and it will pop off.
3. There are 6 screws total. 2 under that top cover and 4 in the battery compartment (1 is hiding under security seal). Remove all 6, notice they are different size. Remember the 2 small ones go in the center when assembling back.
4. Using a credit card or similar plastic object, slide it between back plate and face plate. Start near the Cam soft key, move down towards the mini USB. There are approximately 6 points (3 on each side) where bottom attaches to the top, so play with it till you get the sides slightly open.
5. Once sides are popped open, look inside; you need to unplug the cam. Gently pry it up off the socket.
6. Slide back plate down (keep your eyes on the mini USB, it tends to stick there) and put it aside. There is another plug that comes from the keyboard (face plate) that needs to be carefully unplugged from the motherboard.
7. LCD is connected to the mother board, so when removing the motherboard, be careful not to mess up the LCD connection and wiggle it gently till the LCD separates from the face plate lens.
8. Avoid touching the LCD or inside of the faceplate lens, as its a pain in the butt to clean them and leave them w/o marks.
9. Assemble back in reverse order. Beware when placing back the LCD on the face cover. Make sure it sits perfectly in place. Don't force anything, it all falls in place.
7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
Top Contributors