• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Fuze Thread MessagingThis is a featured thread

Showing 2 posts

vnb28
Fuze Thread Messaging
Jun 6 2009, 3:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 6 2009, 3:24 PM EDT
I had the tilt and just upgraded to a Fuze, i used to have an updated ROM with my text messages being threaded like an chat. I don't have that on my fuze and i would like to get it back, is there somewhere i can get it please let me know Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
1. RE: Fuze Thread Messaging
Jun 6 2009, 6:39 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 6 2009, 6:47 PM EDT
The Fuze comes with Windows Mobile 6.1 which should have threaded text messages by default. The easiest and safest way to turn threading on and off on the Fuze is to download and install Advanced Configuration 3.3. This is a program that allows you to "tweak" many settings on the Fuze. One of the settings is to turn SMS threading on or off.
There is a page on this Wiki called "Advanced Configuration" that will give you step by step directions to download and install AC3.3

Since there is a new updated ROM for the Fuze that HTC just released yesterday, I suggest that you install the new ROM and see if that solves your issue.

The updated ROM can be downloaded at: http://www.htc.com/us/supportdownloadlist.aspx?p_id=198&act=sd&cat=all

Threaded SMS is the default in WM6.1 so the new ROM should enable it. If you decide to install AC3.3, flash the new ROM first, since that will wipe out all installed content and you would have to reload AC3.3 anyway.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)