• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: when txting going back to home screenThis is a featured thread

Showing 7 posts

htcfuze07
when txting going back to home screen
Jan 13 2009, 6:17 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2009, 6:17 PM EST
I have the htc fuze and whenever i slide the keyboard out and click on messaging and start sending a messages to someone the screen will take me back to the main menu screen after a few seconds and i was wondering if this is happening to everyone and if it is fixable? Do you find this valuable?    
quickerthansilveri
quickerthansilveri
1. RE: when txting going back to home screen
Mar 29 2009, 2:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 29 2009, 2:13 AM EDT
Yep, having the same issue here too. Also, there is only one line visible when replying to a text in landscape mode. I tend to type more than that and thus cannot see the complete message... Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
2. RE: when txting going back to home screen
Mar 31 2009, 5:27 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2009, 5:27 PM EDT
"Yep, having the same issue here too. Also, there is only one line visible when replying to a text in landscape mode. I tend to type more than that and thus cannot see the complete message..."
The issue of getting sent to the Home screen when hitting reply and then quickly opening the QWERTY is supposed to be corrected in the next software release for the HTC Fuze (AT&T). This is seen on al of the HTC Fuzes so you are not alone!

As for only being able to see one line of your reply, you need to scroll up in the text box to see what you have already typed. This isnt going to change in the software release; showing all of the text your have typed on the screen would enlarge the text box and block more of the screen from view.
Do you find this valuable?    
34istanbully91
34istanbully91
3. RE: when txting going back to home screen
May 31 2009, 8:29 PM EDT | Post edited: May 31 2009, 8:29 PM EDT
Can anyone please tell me about the software release and where I can get it updated from? Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
4. RE: when txting going back to home screen
May 31 2009, 10:28 PM EDT | Post edited: May 31 2009, 10:28 PM EDT
"The issue of getting sent to the Home screen when hitting reply and then quickly opening the QWERTY is supposed to be corrected in the next software release for the HTC Fuze (AT&T). This is seen on al of the HTC Fuzes so you are not alone!

As for only being able to see one line of your reply, you need to scroll up in the text box to see what you have already typed. This isnt going to change in the software release; showing all of the text your have typed on the screen would enlarge the text box and block more of the screen from view.
"
There is a reg edit to increase the size of the reply text box, but you're right it does block more of the screen from view. There may be a tweak in Advanced Config. 3.3 that does it too ... I will check and post both if anyone is interested in increasing the textbox size.

I tried to download the Fuze ROM upgrade from the HTC site yesterday, but the site was 404ed. I think they still have some site tweaking to do. It is asking for the serial number of the device and I think they wanted to eliminate that.
browntannis
browntannis
5. RE: when txting going back to home screen
Jun 4 2009, 5:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 4 2009, 5:34 PM EDT
"There is a reg edit to increase the size of the reply text box, but you're right it does block more of the screen from view. There may be a tweak in Advanced Config. 3.3 that does it too ... I will check and post both if anyone is interested in increasing the textbox size.

I tried to download the Fuze ROM upgrade from the HTC site yesterday, but the site was 404ed. I think they still have some site tweaking to do. It is asking for the serial number of the device and I think they wanted to eliminate that. "
The SN request is staying and the ROM was released this morning. Do you find this valuable?    

Miadvent
6. RE: when txting going back to home screen
Aug 4 2009, 12:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 4 2009, 12:56 PM EDT
Do you have any icons downloaded to your HTC like Colored Taskbar..if so look at xda developers and you will find that there is an issue with the VolumeControl.dll file that will cause the screen not to rotate correctly or switch back to previous screens on it's own.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=456163