• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: iPhone SMS Hack Brings HTC WinMo SMS Hack to Life, TooThis is a featured thread

Showing 2 posts
RandomEpiphanies
RandomEpiphanies
iPhone SMS Hack Brings HTC WinMo SMS Hack to Life, Too
Jul 31 2009, 10:54 AM EDT | Post edited:
I'm sure most of us have heard and read (maybe even evilly laughed at) the surfacing of SMS being utilized to hack people's iPhones. Curiously, I skimmed a couple of these articles and actually found several of them had inclusions of a similar HTC exploit:

"Also a bug in the code written by HTC that controls the user interface on Windows Mobile devices could also be exploited via the SMS messages to make it so there are no buttons to push so the phone can't be used."

As someone who keeps a large portion of their life on their HTC, this obviously leaves me with a raised eyebrow. Nothing so far on this forum, and (of course) nothing on the main HTC site. So, I was wondering if anyone had any additional information about this.

Thanks!
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
denco7
denco7
1. RE: iPhone SMS Hack Brings HTC WinMo SMS Hack to Life, Too
Jul 31 2009, 1:25 PM EDT | Post edited:
"I'm sure most of us have heard and read (maybe even evilly laughed at) the surfacing of SMS being utilized to hack people's iPhones. Curiously, I skimmed a couple of these articles and actually found several of them had inclusions of a similar HTC exploit:

"Also a bug in the code written by HTC that controls the user interface on Windows Mobile devices could also be exploited via the SMS messages to make it so there are no buttons to push so the phone can't be used."

As someone who keeps a large portion of their life on their HTC, this obviously leaves me with a raised eyebrow. Nothing so far on this forum, and (of course) nothing on the main HTC site. So, I was wondering if anyone had any additional information about this.

Thanks!"
It is a SMS hack, not necessarily an iPhone or a platform hack. The Hackers also hacked a Palm Pre, a Windows Mobile and a Google Android phone with the same SMS hack. Do you find this valuable?