• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Super Low Program Memory!!!This is a featured thread

mydashsucks
mydashsucks
Super Low Program Memory!!!
Wednesday, 7:32 AM EDT | Post edited: Wednesday, 7:32 AM EDT
My Dash is slower than molasses and it's all because it has no memory, and I can't figure out what's eating it all up.. When I go into Task Manager (constantly) to stop all applications, it still says I only have 600KB of free memory with ZERO applications running!!! It even says this after refreshing. The Program Memory seems to be the problem. When I check System Info in Task Manager, the Storage Memory says 20 MB free, but the Program Memory says only 600KB free. What the hell is using 43MB of Program Memory?? I don't even use internet, email, or any 3rd party applications. I use the phone for calls, texting and calendar, and that's all it can handle..

After my phone freezing up enough times I brought my phone to a t-mobile store and they could only suggest a storage card to free up memory (useless). So I got a 1GB storage card and I only have 4MB of pictures on it. There doesn't seem to be a way to default save your contacts or text messages to your storage card, and you cant set music on your storage card as ringtones unless it is copied to the device's internal storage (pointless). i could only find out how to do default storage to the card with the camera (which can't launch anymore because there's NEVER enough program memory!) SO DUMB!!

Can anyone PLEASE help me free up Program Memory?? What's the hidden magical Microsoft trick?
I've also tried rebooting a few times, but i'm scared to do it again because 50% of the time the phone freezes and can't turn back on!
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: memory slow task manager
Sign in to be the first to reply.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)