• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: my htc lost all power and even on the charger will not power onThis is a featured thread

violetstone

violetstone
my htc lost all power and even on the charger will not power on
Thursday, 8:53 AM EST | Post edited: Thursday, 8:53 AM EST
I had gotten a htc tilt for my bday it was used but looked new. The charger that came with it looked like my blackberry charger. It didn't seem to stay charged all day. I used it for a few weeks an one morning I went to make a call and realized it was dead. I put it on the charger and it still wouldn't power on. Just the little red light comes on and nothing else. Do you think the battery needs to be replaced?
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: AT&T Tilt Red Light
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: my htc lost all power and even on the charger will not power on
Thursday, 1:31 PM EST | Post edited: Thursday, 1:31 PM EST
"I had gotten a htc tilt for my bday it was used but looked new. The charger that came with it looked like my blackberry charger. It didn't seem to stay charged all day. I used it for a few weeks an one morning I went to make a call and realized it was dead. I put it on the charger and it still wouldn't power on. Just the little red light comes on and nothing else. Do you think the battery needs to be replaced?"
You can try another battery, that might be it. If you try another battery and you still get a steady red light when attached to the charger and it stays red, this usually indicates that it is an issue with the Power Amplifier in the device.
The PA could have been blown if the charger you have used with the device is not the HTC one meant for this device.
This device is likely no longer under warranty so your option would be to see if it can be repaired.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)