• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC Tilt FrozeThis is a featured thread

RWBSR

RWBSR
HTC Tilt Froze
Feb 4 2009, 1:09 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 4 2009, 1:09 PM EST
When I downloaded Blackberry onto my AT&T Tilt memory card the phone froze. It will not reset. Always goes back to Green Windows Mobile page. Any ideas?
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: HTC Tilt Froze
Feb 4 2009, 5:24 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 4 2009, 5:24 PM EST
"When I downloaded Blackberry onto my AT&T Tilt memory card the phone froze. It will not reset. Always goes back to Green Windows Mobile page. Any ideas?"
Blackberry Connect must be installed on the device memory, it even tells you this in the installation instructions (http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=67&cat=1&dl_id=69"...
At any rate, you can try removing the SD Card and soft reset the device but if that doesnt work, you will have to Hard Reset the device (removed everything you have loaded and done to the device) to try and recover.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
RWBSR

RWBSR
2. RE: HTC Tilt Froze
Feb 4 2009, 8:06 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 4 2009, 8:06 PM EST
Tried all that at the service center. Any other ideas?
denco7
denco7
3. RE: HTC Tilt Froze
Feb 4 2009, 9:36 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 4 2009, 9:36 PM EST
"Tried all that at the service center. Any other ideas?"
If you tried a hard reset, (look in the photo section) for the right buttons and that did not work, which it should have worked if it was done right. Your next step would be to put your phone into bootloader and reflash your rom.
RWBSR

RWBSR
4. RE: HTC Tilt Froze
Feb 5 2009, 3:42 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 5 2009, 3:42 PM EST
Tried that. What is a bootloader? Where do I find one? How do I reflash rom?
browntannis
browntannis
5. RE: HTC Tilt Froze
Feb 5 2009, 5:27 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 5 2009, 5:27 PM EST
"Tried that. What is a bootloader? Where do I find one? How do I reflash rom?"
Bootloader/Cold Boot mode allows you to run the ROM update without having to be able to navigate the device.
Download the latest ROM from www.htc.com to a PC.
Connect the device to the PC via USB. Note: Activesync and/or Windows Mobile Device Center will not “see” the device.
Restart the Cold Boot/Bootloader Mode on the device.
AT&T Tilt: If the AT&T Tilt is off, press and hold the camera key and press and release the power button. Follow the on screen steps.
If AT&T Tilt is on, press and hold the camera key and press and release the soft reset button.
AT&T 8525: Press the OK Button (located on the left side of the device) and the Power Button while doing a Soft Reset.
USB should now show in the lower portion of the screen on the device.
Run the ROM Update.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)