• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Delayed RingThis is a featured thread

lloydkuhnle
lloydkuhnle
Delayed Ring
Feb 1 2009, 12:55 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 1 2009, 12:55 PM EST
When my phone rings, there is no audio for the first one or two rings. By the time that I answer it, the caller has already been put into the voice mailbox. (If the phone is laying on the table, it does light up right away when a call comes in, but the audio has not yet started)

I went to services in my phone settings, and increased the delay for voicemail from 20 to 30 seconds. This puts a band-aid on the problem, but it still does not solve the issue.

Is anyone else out there experiencing this sort of problem, and if so, is there a solution?

Thank you

Lloyd
Do you find this valuable?    
amccoy00

amccoy00
1. RE: Delayed Ring
Feb 1 2009, 10:12 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 1 2009, 10:12 PM EST
I too have the same trouble mine will ring once next it goes to voicemail and not from just specific callers.
sailingsajoy

sailingsajoy
2. RE: Delayed Ring
Feb 2 2009, 7:48 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 2 2009, 7:48 AM EST
I'm having the same problem with my HTC Touch Pro - Verizon. Callers keep telling me that they were expecting voice mail (because of how long it had been "ringing") but I am picking it up the instant I hear a ring. Any solutions?
browntannis
browntannis
3. RE: Delayed Ring
Feb 4 2009, 5:57 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 4 2009, 5:57 PM EST
Are you using a custom ring tone that you loaded on the device or one that came pre-installed? i have seen this issue with some of the ones that I downloaded to my device but not the defaults so it looks like it is an issue with some of my files.
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
4. RE: Delayed Ring
Feb 4 2009, 11:07 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 4 2009, 11:07 PM EST
Check to see if your "Ring Type" is set to "increasing ring" or "ring once" instead of "ring".

Go to Start>Settings>Personal Tab>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications Tab>set "Event" to "Phone: Incoming Call" then set "Ring Type" to "Ring".
lloydkuhnle
lloydkuhnle
5. RE: Delayed Ring
Feb 6 2009, 1:54 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2009, 1:54 PM EST
Yes, I am using a custom ringtone. When I first started using this ringtone, all was fine, and I would hear it from the beginning. At some point, the delay began, and never stopped. I got a clue from a google search, to install some third party software called "DIAMOND TWEAKS".
I'm going to try that this weekend.
lloydkuhnle
lloydkuhnle
6. RE: Delayed Ring
Feb 6 2009, 1:58 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2009, 1:58 PM EST
The incoming call type is already set to "Ring"
I have done a lot of searches on this, and it seems that quite a few people have this exact same issue.
lloydkuhnle
lloydkuhnle
7. RE: Delayed Ring
Feb 6 2009, 2:50 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2009, 2:50 PM EST
"I too have the same trouble mine will ring once next it goes to voicemail and not from just specific callers."
The following is a link to the Diamond Tweaks web site:

http://montecristoff.webs.com/index.htm

This is what I'm going to try this weekend. With the research I have done on this problem, the fix may be here.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)