• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Sending a group text messageThis is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts

Posted Anonymously
Sending a group text message
Dec 30 2008, 10:21 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 30 2008, 10:21 PM EST
My husband is a volunteer fire chief and I got the Tilt for his Christmas gift...he has to be able to reach all his fire fighters at one time...he needs to group text. Has anyone accomplished this even if it was with some additional soft ware. If the design team is reading this you made a great pnone group texting works on simple phones why not the Tilt? If any one can help me I would gratly appreciate it. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Sending a group text message
Dec 31 2008, 12:10 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 31 2008, 12:10 PM EST
"My husband is a volunteer fire chief and I got the Tilt for his Christmas gift...he has to be able to reach all his fire fighters at one time...he needs to group text. Has anyone accomplished this even if it was with some additional soft ware. If the design team is reading this you made a great pnone group texting works on simple phones why not the Tilt? If any one can help me I would gratly appreciate it."
The issue is that there inst an option to create a Group Distro list for SMS on your device. I have seen this on every Windows Mobile device I have.
Try this for starters: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-group-sms.html
If this isnt what you want, just do a search for "Group SMS application for Windows Mobile 6.1" on the internet and you will see some other options.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: Sending a group text message
Dec 31 2008, 3:46 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 31 2008, 3:46 PM EST
"The issue is that there inst an option to create a Group Distro list for SMS on your device. I have seen this on every Windows Mobile device I have.
Try this for starters: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-group-sms.html
If this isnt what you want, just do a search for "Group SMS application for Windows Mobile 6.1" on the internet and you will see some other options."
Not true. From the Text Messaging (SMS) inbox, hit MENU, click ADD RECIPIENT, choose first recipient - rinse and repeat for as many recipients as you need - fill out the body of the message and send. I've done this with family (4 recipients at a time), but I am not sure how this will work with a large list - but give it a try!!! Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: Sending a group text message
Dec 31 2008, 3:47 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 31 2008, 3:47 PM EST
"Not true. From the Text Messaging (SMS) inbox, hit MENU, click ADD RECIPIENT, choose first recipient - rinse and repeat for as many recipients as you need - fill out the body of the message and send. I've done this with family (4 recipients at a time), but I am not sure how this will work with a large list - but give it a try!!!"
Correcting my post! :(

Click MENU, then NEW, then do the add recipient and repeat. Sorry!
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
4. RE: Sending a group text message
Dec 31 2008, 7:03 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 31 2008, 7:03 PM EST
"Correcting my post! :(

Click MENU, then NEW, then do the add recipient and repeat. Sorry!"
Yes you can do that but it is tedious for many recipients. 70.119.236.172 is looking for a way to create a distro so they dont have to add each recipient one at a time. Thanks for the info though. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Vitaal
Vitaal
5. RE: Sending a group text message
Mar 17 2009, 8:30 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2009, 8:30 AM EDT
A simple way I use is to create the list of recipients tediously (as above, using MENU- ADD etc etc). Copy the entire list from the message. Then create a seperate contact and paste all the numbers into the 'NOTE' section. Just use copy and paste every time I want to send a group text.
HTH
If there is an easier way, please share!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)