• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Urgent help Required with HTC TouchThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
Urgent help Required with HTC Touch
Nov 23 2008, 10:04 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2008, 10:04 AM EST
Hello!
I'm freaking out. I tried to install the update for wm6.1 pro on my htc touch. it started the update and my activesync dropped out and now i can't boot into windows on it. all i get is the red green blue and white screen! it won't even get read by the usb activesync thing. i'm afraid that its fried or broken or something!! its stressing me out. i need my phone to be working. is it that i have to re-install wm6(if so where would i get a copy?) or have i royally rooted my phone???

help is appriciated!!

jim.
Do you find this valuable?    
crow11ad
crow11ad
1. RE: Urgent help Required with HTC Touch
Nov 23 2008, 10:09 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2008, 10:09 AM EST
"Hello!
I'm freaking out. I tried to install the update for wm6.1 pro on my htc touch. it started the update and my activesync dropped out and now i can't boot into windows on it. all i get is the red green blue and white screen! it won't even get read by the usb activesync thing. i'm afraid that its fried or broken or something!! its stressing me out. i need my phone to be working. is it that i have to re-install wm6(if so where would i get a copy?) or have i royally rooted my phone???

help is appriciated!!

jim."
Ok so you tried to update 6.1 for the touch pro on your regular htc touch....Have you tried to hard reset and see if that clears the problem?

Anonymous
2. RE: Urgent help Required with HTC Touch
Nov 23 2008, 10:11 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2008, 10:11 AM EST
yes i've tried hard reset. it just goes straight back to the red blue green white screen and im unable to do anything at all
crow11ad
crow11ad
3. RE: Urgent help Required with HTC Touch
Nov 23 2008, 10:17 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2008, 10:17 AM EST
Ok here is another idea. Have you tried plugging the phone in and let it charge? Have you taken out the battery for a few minutes? I know it sounds pointless....but one time i had a phone and nothing worked until I plugged it in and another time I just had to take out the battery.

Anonymous
4. RE: Urgent help Required with HTC Touch
Nov 23 2008, 10:24 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2008, 10:24 AM EST
tried plugging it in, had it in for a while. tried taking battery out several times. nothing is happening. i really dont want to have to get a new phone. i guess i could let it charge overnight and see how it goes
crow11ad
crow11ad
5. RE: Urgent help Required with HTC Touch
Nov 23 2008, 10:36 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2008, 10:36 AM EST
Well it maybe fried. The question is this. Who is your carrier and do you have insurance?

Anonymous
6. RE: Urgent help Required with HTC Touch
Nov 23 2008, 10:39 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2008, 10:39 AM EST
im an aussie and im with telstra. bought this second hand earlier in the year
crow11ad
crow11ad
7. RE: Urgent help Required with HTC Touch
Nov 23 2008, 11:20 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2008, 11:20 AM EST
is it gsm or cdma?
denco7
denco7
8. RE: Urgent help Required with HTC Touch
Nov 23 2008, 11:33 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2008, 11:33 AM EST
"Hello!

help is appriciated!!

jim."
Your phone is not fried, it should just take some effort to recover it. Read this very carefully, understand it and follow it exactly and good luck

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=347700&highlight=Bad+Rom+Flash

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)