• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Memory IssuesThis is a featured thread

flyboydarryl

flyboydarryl
Memory Issues
May 21 2008, 8:48 PM EDT | Post edited: May 21 2008, 8:48 PM EDT
Does anyone know how or what you can delete on the phones internal memory? This is a Verizon Phone and I get the feeling that everything that came loaded on it is hogging the memory... I keep getting messages that it is critically low and I have everything on my storage card...
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Smartphone Verizon xv6700
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Memory Issues
May 22 2008, 4:40 PM EDT | Post edited: May 22 2008, 4:40 PM EDT
"Does anyone know how or what you can delete on the phones internal memory? This is a Verizon Phone and I get the feeling that everything that came loaded on it is hogging the memory... I keep getting messages that it is critically low and I have everything on my storage card..."
Clear your Internet Explorer History and delete the temp files (just like you would on a PC).
Try deleting (or move to a storage card) the default Pictures and Ringtones on your device.
There should be an option in the Task Manager to do a search to see the largest files on your device....
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: Memory Issues
Jun 4 2008, 4:40 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 4 2008, 4:40 AM EDT
try looking in temporary files... finding cookies... they are small but if you surf the net on your phone it has probably downloaded several hundred of them and saved all of them... delete those and you will have tons of space!
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)