• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: My Dash has startered shutting off during calls.This is a featured thread

Showing 5 posts

Posted Anonymously
My Dash has startered shutting off during calls.
Jan 29 2008, 8:28 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 29 2008, 8:28 PM EST
I have a full battery I have replaced the battery. Any Ideas. I am using WM 5.0. This is my second one. I am a little frustrated. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: My Dash has startered shutting off during calls.
Feb 8 2008, 12:07 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 8 2008, 12:07 AM EST
I have the exact same thing and am running WM 6. It seems to turn itself off during phone calls. with full battery the call could last up to 10 min. after which it turns itself off. If trying to turn it on, it shuts itself off before completing the 'turn on' cycle unless I waite some 10 min. or so. Also, every time it turns off, the next time it comes on, the battery shows one less bar of power. I see other posting about the same issue, unfortunately I see no suggestions to correct the problem. Could it be that the processor overheats and shuts the unit off for protection? I am not a tech unfortunately. I can only hope that some one smarter than I can help. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: My <layer id="google-toolbar-hilite-13" style="background-color: C
Feb 23 2008, 8:56 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 23 2008, 8:56 PM EST
Me too - Got a replacement ($10 bucks for shipping), still didn't work. So I tried buying a new battery - doesn't seem to help much.
tiring of calling t-mobile as they don't help
Do you find this valuable?    

lyramire
3. RE: My Dash has startered shutting off during calls.
Feb 25 2008, 9:48 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 25 2008, 9:48 AM EST
I had this problem it turned to be the memory board on the phone, repair place told me it happened when you install too many 3rd party softwares, i sent it back to tmobile, it happened again with the replacement but this time it was the battery 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
jarroyo
jarroyo
4. Dash Shutting Down
Mar 26 2009, 3:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 26 2009, 3:15 PM EDT
"I had this problem it turned to be the memory board on the phone, repair place told me it happened when you install too many 3rd party softwares, i sent it back to tmobile, it happened again with the replacement but this time it was the battery "
This is the Third Dash that I have had, the 4th is on the way! The 3rd worked 2 weeks before it started shutting down. I am intrigued by the 'too many 3rd party applications' in this quote. I am having a new Dash Black replaced because it is doing this. Now, the weird thing is that, after reflashing the operating system back to default (not a hard reset, a reflash!), it would still do it without any programs onboard.
I did have 6.1 installed, two different versions on both previous devices with no problems until it just went south on me one day.
Problems would start with shutting down while trying to access email, then to internet in general, then phone calls. Another weird thing was that it would not reboot because it would falsely read the battery as having NO power.
Like I said, the next Dash Black is in the mail to me as I type. I love most of my 3rd party applications and that is part of why I have the darn thing, it is my mini computer! So, tell me folks, what is "too many?"

J.A. Arroyo
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)