• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Screen Cracks

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Screen Cracks
Mar 14 2008, 3:57 PM EDT
I had the at&t tilt phone for four days when the screen cracked. I had the phone in my purse for about an hour while I was at an appointment, and when I took it out the screen had cracked. I had nothing in my purse except my wallet. And at&t doesn't replace the phone if the screen is cracked, you have to go through the manufacturer and they will charge you $140 to fix it. It is quite ridiculous. I also found out from an at&t employee that their have been numerous customers that have come in complaining about cracked screens on the tilt phone. Other than this issue, I liked the phone. But I will never buy an expensive phone from at&t ever again. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Screen Cracks
Mar 15 2008, 3:25 PM EDT
My 17 year old son had bought the at&t tilt with his own money has had it 6 weeks and now the screen doesnt work the backgrond is white and it has a dark spot in it.He has been very carefull with it especailly since he had to pay for it. Now we have to wait till Monday to find out how much it will cost to have him to have it repaired.I called and it is not covered under warrenty and of course they wounldnt insure it when we bought it.
They definitely do not hold up in value . Never again that much money with a phone just to be told SORRY when it doesnt work.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 31 2008, 9:53 AM EDT
you can get a replacement LCD for this phone at www.blackberry8100parts.com for $69 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 31 2008, 4:11 PM EDT
"you can get a replacement LCD for this phone at www.blackberry8100parts.com for $69"
I checked out the web site and they do have the screen listed for $69... Did you buy one??? And how hard is it to replace??? I just broke my screen today.... I dropped it and the screen cracked.... No other damage... I love the phone but not sure I would buy another one.... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 1 2008, 12:07 AM EDT
I just had the SAME thing happen to me. Had used the phone, set an appointment, put it in my pocket, bought some groceries, pulled out the phone to use again and the screen was mostly white with a large dark spot in the bottom 1/3 of the screen. Phone still works, but I can't use anything because I can't SEE it. Not even sure the buttons work. I've checked out these sites: http://www.blackberry8100parts.com/ (cheaper and has a very thorough repair guide) and http://www.pdasmart.com/8925phone.htm (they have an option to do it for you - maybe nice considering how extensive the repair work). Still going to see tomorrow if AT&T will do anything for me before launching into either of these. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors