• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC TyTN II and HTC tilt?

Keyword tags: cell phones htc htc touch pocket pc smart phones touch touch by htc touch phone TyTN
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
HTC TyTN II and HTC tilt?
Feb 26 2008, 5:35 PM EST
I was wondering the difference between the TyTN II and the tilt. What's the difference between the two? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: HTC TyTN II and HTC tilt?
Feb 26 2008, 10:19 PM EST
"I was wondering the difference between the TyTN II and the tilt. What's the difference between the two?"
There is a decent amount different:

1. The TyTN II has a front facing VGA camera for video calls in addition to the rear 3 MP camera, the Tilt does not.

2. The TyTN II has a lot less bloatware, thus having about 133 MB of available space, vs. the 101 on the Tilt.

3. A lot of applications, like the HTC Home Tab plugin (look at my profile for a screenshot of it)

4. HTC Audio Manager, a different music player. This can be downloaded for the Tilt.

5. HTC Streaming Media Player (which allows native streaming from sites liek YouTube). This can be downloaded for the Tilt.

6. The ability to turn off 3G. This can be downloaded for the Tilt.

7. World Mate Business Card scanner. This uses the rear camera to scan business cards and export them to your contacts. This can be downloaded for the Tilt.

8. Windows Live Services. This includes the real Windows Live Messenger, Push email, etc. Again, you can find this app for the Tilt.

9. The TyTN II is "unlocked" meaning, you can use it with any GSM carrier in the world. The Tilt is locked to AT&T's network, but you can unlock the phone.

Those are the major differences. Again, you can download a lot of these apps. I have setup my Tilt to looks just like the TyTN II on the screen and I have also installed the HTC Touch Cube from the HTC Touch. I have posted links to a lot of these apps on the AT&T Tilt Wiki page here.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
guillermo_29
guillermo_29
Feb 27 2008, 12:36 AM EST
http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 27 2008, 3:10 PM EST
"There is a decent amount different:

1. The TyTN II has a front facing VGA camera for video calls in addition to the rear 3 MP camera, the Tilt does not.

2. The TyTN II has a lot less bloatware, thus having about 133 MB of available space, vs. the 101 on the Tilt.

3. A lot of applications, like the HTC Home Tab plugin (look at my profile for a screenshot of it)

4. HTC Audio Manager, a different music player. This can be downloaded for the Tilt.

5. HTC Streaming Media Player (which allows native streaming from sites liek YouTube). This can be downloaded for the Tilt.

6. The ability to turn off 3G. This can be downloaded for the Tilt.

7. World Mate Business Card scanner. This uses the rear camera to scan business cards and export them to your contacts. This can be downloaded for the Tilt.

8. Windows Live Services. This includes the real Windows Live Messenger, Push email, etc. Again, you can find this app for the Tilt.

9. The TyTN II is "unlocked" meaning, you can use it with any GSM carrier in the world. The Tilt is locked to AT&T's network, but you can unlock the phone.

Those are the major differences. Again, you can download a lot of these apps. I have setup my Tilt to looks just like the TyTN II on the screen and I have also installed the HTC Touch Cube from the HTC Touch. I have posted links to a lot of these apps on the AT&T Tilt Wiki page here."
Thank you VERY much for the info below:
Does the tilt have a touchflo like the tytn II?
Can the HTC home be installed on the tilt?
It also seems that you can make the tilt EXACTLY into tytn II except for the from VGA, right?
Another question, I know both tilt and tytn II have windows mobile 6 pro, when the MS mobile 6.1 comes out or further releases, can the tilt or the tytn be updraged?
Thank you again very much
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Feb 27 2008, 9:24 PM EST
"Thank you VERY much for the info below:
Does the tilt have a touchflo like the tytn II?
Can the HTC home be installed on the tilt?
It also seems that you can make the tilt EXACTLY into tytn II except for the from VGA, right?
Another question, I know both tilt and tytn II have windows mobile 6 pro, when the MS mobile 6.1 comes out or further releases, can the tilt or the tytn be updraged?
Thank you again very much"
1. The Tilt does have TouchFLO.
2. HTC Home can be installed and it's on the AT&T Tilt Wiki page here.
3. Yes, the tilt can be made in to the TyTN II minus the front camera.

As for WM 6.1, it's up to AT&T if they want to allow it on the Tilt and the same with HTC. Though not much is really known about what specs are required to run 6.1, so we'll just have to wait and see.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Recent Site Activity
Top Contributors