• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Touch keypad issue, wifi issue, Alarm sound issue, HELP

Keyword tags: Sprint Sprint Touch TouchFlo
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

enaso

enaso
Touch keypad issue, wifi issue, Alarm sound issue, HELP
Dec 11 2007, 1:59 PM EST
Htc really dropped the ball letting sprint destroy their very capable phone!!! The touch keypad is beautiful but disappears the second you try to use it! Any fixes for this error? it changes over to that old blackberry xt9 with two letter per button, what a shame! secondly, does anyone know how to enable the wifi in the phone? that is if sprint didn't take it out!!! DAmn those B*as**d!! Those sprint network is slow and ruins the whole interent experience, Also any one know how to add an alarm sound? i tried a bunch of ways( dumping sound in windows file, where the other sounds are held but does not add it to the list. Further the ones included would be fine if they repeated immediately however they do not, they repeat every thirty seconds! way to go sprint! You completely screwed up a wonderdull product. If this can'y be fixed you will see terrible reviews all over the internet from me and my friends. Quote and Reply Post a Reply 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Touch keypad issue, wifi issue, Alarm sound issue, HELP
Dec 14 2007, 6:11 PM EST
Thats bad you can blackmail the company. thats the way the software was designed to work.
Handango.com has different keyboard you can installed to the device also software company does as well.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Those B*st**ds!
Dec 16 2007, 1:00 AM EST
I heard Sprint is actually hand-soldering the wifi chip out of every touch they sell, just so you and your friends can't have it!
That's not true at all of course. Removing the Wifi probably had more to do with adding 3G, and doubling the RAM, ROM and CPU speed. Most of the reviews I've read of this version of the touch are much better than the GSM touch, mostly because it's much more usable due to the extra CPU and RAM. Also, having widely available high-speed network helps it out a bunch. Most 3G users find wifi mostly useless.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Those B*st**ds!
Dec 19 2007, 11:38 PM EST
I don't have good EVDO coverage in places like my home. It would be great if I could use my home WiFi. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 21 2007, 1:54 AM EST
ever hear of bluetooth PAN it works just like wifi, but is *gasp* more secure and *double gasp* can share internet access to and from the device Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 21 2007, 12:50 PM EST
You say they doubled the RAM and ROM, but mine seems to have the same 128 and 256 that I'm finding in the specs for the non-Sprint versions of the phone. Oddly, my phone does have double the CPU speed (400 vs. 200), but all of the independent sites listing specs for the Sprint version show it with the 200MHz process, even though it actually has 400. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 21 2007, 1:03 PM EST
The original Touch had 64 and 128MB.. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Related Content (what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)