• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Sandisk 8GB Micro SDHC

Keyword tags: Mogul Sprint (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2  | Next

Anonymous
Sandisk 8GB Micro SDHC
Jan 29 2008, 11:04 PM EST
Is anybody using this memory card? Does a Mogul support SDHC? How has your results been with this memory card?
How Big Is You Momery Card?
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Sandisk 8GB Micro SDHC
Jan 30 2008, 3:09 PM EST
I currently have a 6GB card with no problems. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 30 2008, 4:13 PM EST
I purchased a 6GB SDHC and my phone does not recognize the card correctly, I formatted it and it still does not see the correct size. Any recommendations? 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 30 2008, 6:51 PM EST
is your 6GB card an SDHC? If so what brand Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 31 2008, 10:32 AM EST
Yes, SanDisk...... 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 31 2008, 8:42 PM EST
Currently Using SanDisk 8GB SDHC and no problems. Had to DL a file that would allow recognition of 8GB card. Worked well. 7  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 1 2008, 10:19 AM EST
OK - Delete what file & where-please be specific 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 1 2008, 10:37 AM EST
I've been using it for about 3 wks. with no problems (you need to flash the Mogul with the most recent ROM, 2.17.651.0, which is available from Sprint WEB site, in order for the phone to recognize and correctly use all 8 GB). PocketMechanic benchmarks performance of this card in the Mogul as 7.54 MB/s unbuffered read, 9,90 MB/s buffered read, 1.75MB/s unbuffered write, 4.55 MB/s, buffered write, 2.68 MB/s low level unbuffered burst write, 10.54 MB/s low level buffered burst write. The low level burst read tests crash my version of PocketMechanic for some reason, but otherwise have had no problems with the card itself. 8  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 1 2008, 10:43 AM EST
In addition to getting the 2.17.651.0 ROM update from the sprint WEB site, you can also get it here: http://www.america.htc.com/support/mogul/software-downloads.html 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 1 2008, 4:31 PM EST
Upgrading the ROM corrected the issue, thanks! Big Difference.............. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 1 2008, 4:33 PM EST
Yes, I just got my sandisk 8gb SDHC 2 days ago and it works perfectly with my Sprint Mogul 2.17 rom. The phone reads all of the gigs too. I have 5 gigs of mp3s on it and 2 gigs of gps software with still 1 gb left! 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 3 2008, 8:24 PM EST
2GB of GPS software what kind-and how are you using it ?
are you using an external gps receiver or is a chip really in the phone?

Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 5 2008, 10:00 AM EST
It's compatible but only recognizes 4 GB of it. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 9 2008, 5:47 PM EST
there is a chip in it, and the latest beta radio that got leaked has the gps enabled. but like i said, its a beta 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 28 2008, 10:53 AM EST
I appreciate this thread very much. One thing I noticed is that (at least to me) it's easy to think you are on "current" firmware when you aren't. I typically look for something that stands out and looks like a "unique identifier to the version, like in this case, "651". As it turns out, when they rev the firmware, this appears to stay the same (or due to some random consequence, a previous version was "2.09.651.0". So unless you watch closely, you might think you are current when you aren't.

2.09.651 is what was on my phone when I purchased it in October 2007.

I also had trouble with SDHC cards, but after coming up to 2.17, I'm in much better shape.

I appreciate this thread very much, thanks. And now I can see all 6 gigs of my card.
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 14 2008, 7:47 PM EDT
I just got the 8GB card and it works fine Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 17 2008, 4:59 AM EDT
"I just got the 8GB card and it works fine"
Someone using a 8gb with IPAQ 510?
Thanks
0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 19 2008, 9:05 AM EDT
Yes it supports SDHC I have a 4gb. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 19 2008, 9:08 AM EDT
I am using the built in GPS receiver using my GPS software and it works perfect. Thanks to the New Rom Upgrade :-) Glad I never gotten a Iphone... 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 3 2008, 2:09 PM EDT
I just put an 8 Gb card in my new Mogul and no probelms whatsoever. Sandisc, works great. Do you find this valuable?    
2  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors