• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC s621 and Windows Vista with Live OneCare Sync problemsThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
HTC s621 and Windows Vista with Live OneCare Sync problems
Nov 15 2007, 5:53 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 15 2007, 5:53 PM EST
Hi:

I just got an HTC s621. I have Windows Vista Home Premium with Windows Live OneCare installed. When I tried to install the ActiveSync 4.2 software i got an "incompatibility" error. I downloaded and installed the Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1. When I plug the smartphone to the PC with the USB connector, nothing happens.

I already followed the steps pointed in: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter/onecare.mspx but I still not be able to connect to the smartphone with the Mobile Device Center :-(

Any help or advice will be appreciatted.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
1. RE: HTC s621 and Windows Vista with Live OneCare Sync problems
Jan 13 2008, 8:47 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2008, 8:47 PM EST
i am having the exact same problem. i had compatability errors with the provided cd. I downloaded windowns mobile device center from htc's website but my computer wont recognize my phone. i plug it in and nothing. this is very frustrating.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
2. RE: HTC s621 and Windows Vista with Live OneCare Sync problems
Jan 26 2008, 2:00 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 26 2008, 2:00 PM EST
I'm having the same problem. It appears to be related to Windows Live OneCare. If you disable the firewall the Windows Mobile Device Center will recognize your device. Problem is, when you turn your firewall back on, the connection goes away. With Windows Mobile Device Center 6.0 there was a work around (6.0 didn't have a feature for Windows Mobile Device Center). Not sure what the work around is this time.
Do you find this valuable?    
gronnie
gronnie
3. RE: HTC s621 and Windows Vista with Live OneCare Sync problems
Jan 28 2008, 1:50 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 28 2008, 1:50 PM EST
Try going to Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC. Uncheck the box you see there about "Advanced Network Functionality" Plug the device in again. That should work.
3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)