• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Please HELP!! Cannot backup up contacts on htc 6800 by Alltel to Mac!This is a featured thread

CharlieB7
CharlieB7
Please HELP!! Cannot backup up contacts on htc 6800 by Alltel to Mac!
Apr 14 2009, 10:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2009, 10:08 PM EDT
I have the htc 6800 by Alltel. It kept going into hibernation mode so I wasn’t getting any of my rings or texts. Alltel sent me a new replacement phone, and I would love to get all of my contacts transferred over to my new phone without manually reentering all of the data. I work on a Mac, and I have no idea how to sync this phone using a Mac. This is all pretty new to me and I am not really up on all of this technology. Can anyone help me by giving me step-by-step directions on how I can get my contacts onto my Mac and then put them on the new htc 6800? I would greatly appreciate any help you are able to offer! ☺
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: htc 6800 mac sync
denco7
denco7
1. RE: Please HELP!! Cannot backup up contacts on htc 6800 by Alltel to Mac!
Apr 14 2009, 10:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2009, 10:16 PM EDT
"I have the htc 6800 by Alltel. It kept going into hibernation mode so I wasn’t getting any of my rings or texts. Alltel sent me a new replacement phone, and I would love to get all of my contacts transferred over to my new phone without manually reentering all of the data. I work on a Mac, and I have no idea how to sync this phone using a Mac. This is all pretty new to me and I am not really up on all of this technology. Can anyone help me by giving me step-by-step directions on how I can get my contacts onto my Mac and then put them on the new htc 6800? I would greatly appreciate any help you are able to offer! ☺"
You need a 3rd party sync manager. I use MissngSync, I have been using it with all my Macs and I personally think it is the best.

http://www.markspace.com/products/windowsmobile/mac/windows-mobile-sync-software.html
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
CharlieB7
CharlieB7
2. RE: Please HELP!! Cannot backup up contacts on htc 6800 by Alltel to
Apr 15 2009, 9:28 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 15 2009, 9:28 AM EDT
"You need a 3rd party sync manager. I use MissngSync, I have been using it with all my Macs and I personally think it is the best.

http://www.markspace.com/products/windowsmobile/mac/windows-mobile-sync-software.html"
Thank you! Sorry...I am new to this. I downloaded the mobil sync software, but I can't figure out how to get my contacts list off of my old phone and on to my computer. Any idea how to do this? Thank you very much for the help!
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)