• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: T-Mobile Dash Keeps RebootingThis is a featured thread

2  | Next
sailorlion

sailorlion
T-Mobile Dash Keeps Rebooting
Oct 30 2007, 1:46 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 30 2007, 1:46 AM EDT
Lately, for what ever reason my T-Mobile Dash keeps rebooting when I first power up my phone. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
14  out of 16 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
1. RE: T-Mobile Dash Keeps Rebooting
Oct 31 2007, 12:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 31 2007, 12:27 AM EDT
my phone does the same thing -- it was a warranty replacement. i dunno if it has to do with the new windows mobile, because i never had this problem with the old windows mobile. also, if i take out my memory card, it boots fine. i am going to take it to the tmobile store to see if they can fix it.
5  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: T-Mobile Dash Keeps Rebooting
Oct 31 2007, 12:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 31 2007, 12:28 PM EDT
You will have to do a master reboot... you press the send and end keys together (green and red phones) and press the power on button while your holding down the power on buttons... it reboots your phone and you will loose all your data but that's the only way to stop that continual motion
2  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
3. RE: T-Mobile Dash Keeps Rebooting
Jan 9 2008, 6:59 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2008, 6:59 PM EST
it is the battery. buy a new $8 on ebay. dont use any charger but the dash.
i had the same problem. fixed it
3  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
sphinx780

sphinx780
4. RE: T-Mobile Dash Keeps Rebooting
Jan 10 2008, 12:07 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2008, 12:07 PM EST
Mine kept rebooting after the upgrade to WM6. I turned off the phone, took the memory card out, rebooted w/o the card. Then turned off again, put the card back in and rebooted. Now it starts up like normal without having to master reboot. I suggest giving it a try.
16  out of 20 found this valuable. Do you?    
gobbyfriend

gobbyfriend
5. I had the same problem - called T-mobile and have solution (no reset
Jan 14 2008, 1:15 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2008, 1:15 PM EST
Clear the Internet Cash. Follow the steps given below and it will fix problem.

1) Remove the SIM card from Dash and then start the phone.

2) Open up Internet Explorer and go to Menu -- > Tools --> Settings --> Memory

3) Clear all three items. If the Cash size is large (1MB or more), it will take long time to clear it so please wait.

4) Turn off the phone and put back SIM card.

5) Turn on the phone and it will start just fine.
37  out of 44 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
6. RE: T-Mobile Dash Keeps Rebooting
Mar 9 2008, 2:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 9 2008, 2:21 PM EDT
For WM6.... Before trying anything else more dangerous.... first try removing battery, SIM card, and memory card; wait 2 minutes to discharge phone circuitry. Next replace the battery only and boot up. You should successfully be able to boot up. Next, turn off, and put the SIM card in. Boot up. After successful bootup then replace the memory card. Order of events is just as important as shutting down before installing SIM.
15  out of 17 found this valuable. Do you?    
po$er

po$er
7. RE: T-Mobile Dash Keeps Rebooting
Mar 17 2008, 11:07 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2008, 11:07 PM EDT
I have had my dash for about 3 hours.... had it synced with my vista laptap... and everything was gravy. I disconnected after safely removing the dash. Restarted and now the phone keeps rebooting... none of the aforementioned suggestions work...any ideas???
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
8. RE: T-Mobile Dash Keeps Rebooting
Apr 1 2008, 12:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 1 2008, 12:10 PM EDT
* Try cleaning the contacts both to the phone and to the battery with alcohol and a cotton swab, making sure that the alcohol only touches the contacts. Otherwise, try cleaning with a nonabrasive material.
* Try putting the battery in the refridgerator, then wait 2 hours or so for it to return to room temperature and try again.
* If this does not work, call T-mobile, if your phone is under its one-year warranty, request a replacement (this sometimes works even if you did not buy equipment protection)
* If they refuse and your phone is less than one year old, try contacting HTC for a replacement.
* If that does not work and your phone is less than one year old, call the FCC. You should get a satisfactory response within a month.

I am in the same boat as you. When the phone was udner warranty, I got it replaced and now the replacement phone is acting up. Unfortunately, my one year contract is up so I am resorting to various methods of keeping it alive until my new phone arrives.

Good luck!

1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
9. RE: T-Mobile Dash Keeps Rebooting
Apr 10 2008, 1:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 10 2008, 1:40 PM EDT
"For WM6.... Before trying anything else more dangerous.... first try removing battery, SIM card, and memory card; wait 2 minutes to discharge phone circuitry. Next replace the battery only and boot up. You should successfully be able to boot up. Next, turn off, and put the SIM card in. Boot up. After successful bootup then replace the memory card. Order of events is just as important as shutting down before installing SIM. "
Thanks a lot for your suggestion... my T-Mobile Wing was giving me low disk space warnings. When I rebooted it thinking it might fix the problem, it just kept restarting. I followed your suggestion - removed battery, sim and memory cards, waited 2 minutes and then restarted it with just the battery in. It started fine!

After that, sure enough, I cleaned disk space by deleting large files, emptying IE cache, cookies and history and reclaimed 12mb of storage space. Then switched it off, put the SIM and memory cards back in and it started working fine...

Thanks for your help!
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
10. RE: I had the same problem - called T-mobile and have solution (no re
Apr 11 2008, 8:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 11 2008, 8:38 PM EDT
this works great, us opera mini for smartphone as your browser and then you won't have the problem anymore.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
11. RE: I had the same problem - called T-mobile and have solution (no re
Apr 12 2008, 4:47 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 12 2008, 4:47 PM EDT
Had the same problem: I replaced the battery in the store, T-mobile replaced mine for free and my phone was bought on ebay. No problems since.

They will should at least check to see if that is the problem.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
12. RE: T-Mobile Dash Keeps Rebooting
Apr 14 2008, 8:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2008, 8:21 PM EDT
I find that when you take out the memory card it works fine.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
bstancil

bstancil
13. RE: T-Mobile Dash Keeps Rebooting
May 21 2008, 9:11 PM EDT | Post edited: May 21 2008, 9:11 PM EDT
Thanks for the help. Your suggestion worked great for me.
Do you find this valuable?    
bstancil

bstancil
14. RE: T-Mobile Dash Keeps Rebooting
May 21 2008, 9:12 PM EDT | Post edited: May 21 2008, 9:12 PM EDT
"For WM6.... Before trying anything else more dangerous.... first try removing battery, SIM card, and memory card; wait 2 minutes to discharge phone circuitry. Next replace the battery only and boot up. You should successfully be able to boot up. Next, turn off, and put the SIM card in. Boot up. After successful bootup then replace the memory card. Order of events is just as important as shutting down before installing SIM. "
Thanks. Worked great!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
athol

athol
15. RE: I had the same problem - called T-mobile and have solution (no reset
Jun 13 2008, 10:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 13 2008, 10:16 AM EDT
"Clear the Internet Cash. Follow the steps given below and it will fix problem.

1) Remove the SIM card from Dash and then start the phone.

2) Open up Internet Explorer and go to Menu -- > Tools --> Settings --> Memory

3) Clear all three items. If the Cash size is large (1MB or more), it will take long time to clear it so please wait.

4) Turn off the phone and put back SIM card.

5) Turn on the phone and it will start just fine.
"
Thank you for this post. It was bang on and resolved the issue
A :-)
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
16. RE: I had the same problem - called T-mobile and have solution (no res
Jun 15 2008, 11:24 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 15 2008, 11:24 AM EDT
I was in the T-Mobile store with my 3-day-old Dash when this rebooting occurred. It was right after installing 2G of extra memory. The only thing that fixed the problem was getting a new SIM card. The SIM card that was in there was 7 years old. With the new SIM card, the 2G memory is fine and the Dash no longer reboots
mailman1387
mailman1387
17. RE: I had the same problem - called T-mobile and have solution (no reset
Jun 24 2008, 4:03 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 24 2008, 4:03 PM EDT
Someone please help..it's been 24hrs and i've tried everything on this page but still no fix.When i take the memory card out of my Wing it loads but stops on the green windows mobile screen so im not able to get a full load.I need to get my contacts onto my sim card before i do anything else.Please help ASAP

Anonymous
18. RE: I had the same problem - called T-mobile and have solution (no reset
Jun 30 2008, 9:38 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 30 2008, 9:38 AM EDT
Sweet fix! Lot better than a hard reboot. Thanks!!!

Anonymous
19. RE: I had the same problem - called T-mobile and have solution (no res
Jul 16 2008, 4:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 16 2008, 4:08 PM EDT
Mailman-

My problem is the same as you on my DASH. My phone use to have the continuous reboot and I would just take out the microSD card and it would start up. But now, it gets past Windows Mobile screen to the T-Mobile load screen an that is where mine freezes. I already had the cracked screen that I've paid for, so I refuse to pay to fix this phone again. I hope I can figure out an answer.
2  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)