• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Creating a pauseThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
Creating a pause
Mar 22 2007, 2:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 22 2007, 2:15 PM EDT
I am not sure how to create a pause in dialing sequense. For example if I want to use a number with extention from my contact list I would have stored: example: 1 123 123-1234 pause pause 123(ext. number). So what is a sympol or combination of key strokes to create a pause. My service provider sugested to try SHIFT P or ATL P or CTRL P and I could not find anything about this in HTC 8125 manual
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Dream insert pauses

Anonymous
1. RE: Creating a pause
Mar 31 2007, 2:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2007, 2:14 PM EDT
;ower case p might work
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: Creating a pause
Jun 15 2007, 9:00 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 15 2007, 9:00 AM EDT
"I am not sure how to create a pause in dialing sequense. For example if I want to use a number with extention from my contact list I would have stored: example: 1 123 123-1234 pause pause 123(ext. number). So what is a sympol or combination of key strokes to create a pause. My service provider sugested to try SHIFT P or ATL P or CTRL P and I could not find anything about this in HTC 8125 manual"
I found out using a comma adds approximately 6 seconds of delay. When I call into my voice mail, I use the followind sequence:

EX: 2125551212,,,123456#,34567

That's the number of the VMS, the delay between the time it finishes dialing the access number, the 18 seconds it takes to be answered thus the three commas. Next my extension number, one 6 second delay and then my password. This is how the phone number is programmed on my contact entry for my VMS.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
WilliamArmstrong
WilliamArmstrong
3. RE: Creating a pause
Jun 22 2009, 11:51 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 22 2009, 11:51 AM EDT
On the HTC Dream (which I bought in Canada a few days ago), you can insert a lower case "p" for pause or "w" for wait into a dialing string by using the dialer with the keyboard. Then you can create a new contact. If you use the telephone-style dialer, you can't insert the letters. If you try to create or edit a new contact directly, you can only insert capital P or W, which don't work. In my view HTC should update the Dialer and Contacts apps to allow the other two methods.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)