• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: Beware: Problems with Rogers DreamReported This is a featured thread

Showing 2 posts

jgandz
Beware: Problems with Rogers Dream
Jun 6 2009, 4:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 7 2009, 10:46 AM EDT
1. Because the Voice Command requires you to tap screen to select number, this phone IS NOT LEGAL IN SEVERAL PROVINCES WHILE DRIVING
2. The Voice Command program on this 'phone has no instructions or documentation
3. Several programs fail to enable the pop-up screen when it is required, making you open the physical keyboard to enter simple data strings
4. Does not work with BlueAnt bluetooth headset BECAUSE PHONE DOES NOT HAVE ANY SPEED DIAL SETTINGS

Great screen, wonderful quality of telephone, good ergonomics, but sadly lacking true hands-free capabilities.
Do you find this valuable?    

MarkLav
1. RE: Beware: Problems with Rogers Dream
Aug 12 2009, 4:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 12 2009, 4:00 PM EDT
I would have to agree with your comments on this. I'm very disappointed that this phone (although filled w/an amazing amount of features & potential) cannot use the bluetooth hands free application properly. I really believe this is something that Rogers or HTC have to address soon (what I really mean is right now). After all, this is first and foremost a cell phone, not a toy to business users.

I've come from a Motorola Razr which had complete hands free capability, to having to fumble with this phone. I've been swtiching back and forth between the two phones (swapping GSM card) when I have to use my phone for business meetings and while traveling because the HTC Dream cannot place a hands free call. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with the phone because of the plan I signed into.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)