• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: setting up sympatico mail on dream phoneThis is a featured thread

wenfar

wenfar
setting up sympatico mail on dream phone
Tuesday, 4:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Tuesday, 4:14 PM EDT
I'm having trouble setting up my sympatico mail on the dream phone. It can access the pop servers but cannot access the outgoing servers. I have my settings at smtphn.sympatico.ca port at 25 and I get the error "your outgoing server does not support authentication. Please verify your outgoing server settings. As I said, they are smtphm.sympatico.ca, my login (email address) and password and port 25. Any ideas?
Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
1. RE: setting up sympatico mail on dream phone
Tuesday, 4:53 PM EDT | Post edited: Tuesday, 4:53 PM EDT
"I'm having trouble setting up my sympatico mail on the dream phone. It can access the pop servers but cannot access the outgoing servers. I have my settings at smtphn.sympatico.ca port at 25 and I get the error "your outgoing server does not support authentication. Please verify your outgoing server settings. As I said, they are smtphm.sympatico.ca, my login (email address) and password and port 25. Any ideas?
"
Try dropping the " hn " after smtp. And/or unchecking " out going server requires authentication "
wenfar

wenfar
2. RE: setting up sympatico mail on dream phone
Tuesday, 5:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Tuesday, 5:15 PM EDT
Hi and thanks for your reply. I can't remove the hm because sympatico now uses (or owns I should say) msn's mail servers so the incoming is pophm.sympatico.ca and the outgoing is smtphm.sympatico.ca
I did figure out the problem though! In the outgoing mail server section, don't choose 'none' or SSL but instead choose the 3rd option (I can't remember what it was called but it was 3 letters) . Anyway I chose that and now I can get my sympatico mail.

My next problem is trying to figure out how to add a 2nd sympatico acct. When I touch the 'mail' icon I am immediately taken to the first sympatico mail inbox and am not given the option to add another account.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)