• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Had same mono a2dp problem but a registry setting fixed it

Keyword tags: None
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Had same mono a2dp problem but a registry setting fixed it
Jan 26 2007, 10:06 PM EST
I noticed that my nifty new Blue Ant X5 headphones were playing good quality but in mono. I beat my head against a wall trying different settings until I discovered a posting online that told me to change registry setting HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2DP\Settings\UseJointStereo to 0 to disable joint stereo. Now I have stereo and the sound quality is still great too. Quote and Reply Post a Reply 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Had same mono a2dp problem but a registry setting fixed it
Mar 28 2007, 8:37 PM EDT
How did you make the change? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 22 2007, 12:58 PM EDT
Can you help in providing more info to use my headset to listen music on my DASH.

I use Jabra BT500 with my DASH.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
pfergus

pfergus
Jul 17 2007, 1:56 PM EDT
"I noticed that my nifty new Blue Ant X5 headphones were playing good quality but in mono. I beat my head against a wall trying different settings until I discovered a posting online that told me to change registry setting HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2DP\Settings\UseJointStereo to 0 to disable joint stereo. Now I have stereo and the sound quality is still great too."
Used this hack on my Wizard (Cingular 8525) and it worked like a charm! Thanks! Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 3 2007, 9:30 AM EDT
how do u acess the registry for winodws mobile 6 to update this. I want to get a bluetooth headphone but i want to make sure my wing will play it in stereo. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
pfergus

pfergus
Aug 3 2007, 10:03 AM EDT
"how do u acess the registry for winodws mobile 6 to update this. I want to get a bluetooth headphone but i want to make sure my wing will play it in stereo. "
I used the Rosco registry editor and followed the steps mentioned in the previous posting. I had WM5... Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 11 2007, 8:55 PM EDT
How do I access the registry to change it? Obviously by my question I am quite the novice but I really would like to be able to use Stereo Bluetooth headsets. This is the only issue I have with the Dash other than I can't set up distribution lists in my contacts folder. Thanks for the help Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 12 2007, 8:28 PM EDT
How do I get to the REGEDIT on the Dash? Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 12 2007, 8:29 PM EDT
Have you got an answer to this yet? I would Like to know as well. Thanks Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?