• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Dash bluetooth

Keyword tags: None
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

npierson

npierson
Dash bluetooth
Jan 8 2007, 9:52 AM EST
I use a plantronics headset, which does work very well as a stereo headset. it's the 590A. It's a little bulky, but i dont mind.
Please advise your device settings and maybe I can help.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
dash-pro

dash-pro
RE: Dash bluetooth
Jan 8 2007, 10:10 PM EST
After researching this further I've found that Dash isn't the only WM5 device with bluetooth problem. Few other smart phones have exact same problem and "fix" for it is out on the Web See this link:
http://ppc6700users.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1795&highlight=bluetooth+stereo
I've tied it on my dash and it kinda work. Stereo finally got separation, but highs become muddy and even worst, there is high pitch overlay on sound. So this fix is in the right place, but quality is not there yet. Looks like bluetooth stack on Dash is all in software as device slows down a good bit when bluetooth enabled. My speculation is that MS did it on purpose to save CPU MIPS. It might eat all resources to encode BT stereo stream with good quality.
At the end I have to uninstall Tornado_A2DP with "Clear storage" utility. Everything got back in place, decent sound but no stereo separation over bluetooth.
I guess I have to use wired headphones and hope that someday I will got official update for my dash with properly working bluetooth.

System info:
ROM v: 1.11.531.1
Radio: 4.1.13.24_02.48.90
Bluetooth settings: the only they can be for stereo devices.

Thanks for any help!
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Dash bluetooth
Jul 23 2007, 8:16 PM EDT
Speaking of headphones, how about wired stereo headphones? Are there any for the Dash that aren't in ear? I have small ear canals and I can't use in ear headphones such as the typical Iphone headphones. Are there any compatible Dash usb adapters or stereo wired headphones that go behind the ears or are like traditional headphones?
Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?