• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: 8525 Keyboard backlight sensor

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
8525 Keyboard backlight sensor
Nov 19 2006, 11:53 PM EST
just got the new 8525. the keyboard does not light up in dark automatically even with the option checked to do so. I was told the sensor is too light sensitive. Bu in a total dark room no luck. have others experienced this? Thanks 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: 8525 Keyboard backlight sensor
Nov 28 2006, 2:15 PM EST
I am having the same issue. My keyboard backlight appears to be random: on during the day sometimes and off when I really need it in a dark car or room. I've tried covering the light sensor and it does not appear to makeany difference. I would like to have it on at all times as it makes it much easier to see the keys... 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Animal13
Animal13
Nov 28 2006, 2:37 PM EST
I find that if I cover the sensor for a couple of seconds and then hit the Dot key on the bottom-left, the keyboard light comes on. Try it an let me know if it works for you... 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
foxpaw
foxpaw
Nov 30 2006, 9:42 PM EST
Suggestion from Animal13 works every time for me! Thanks for the tip! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 6 2007, 10:59 AM EST
"I find that if I cover the sensor for a couple of seconds and then hit the Dot key on the bottom-left, the keyboard light comes on. Try it an let me know if it works for you..."
Hi. I have a HTC TyTn device and had the same problems with my keyboard light.
For me I have solved it to cover the sensor and to press the windows key (second from the left bottom). The keyboard light will come on.

Adri.
Do you find this valuable?    
Animal13
Animal13
Jan 6 2007, 7:29 PM EST
Under Settings/Personal/Buttons/Backight Uncheck the box for "Enable keyboard Backlight auto sensor". Contrary to logic, unchecking this box seems to make the keybord light ALWAYS come on! I dont know about y'all, but I always want the keyboard light on... Let me know if you have the same experience... 11  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 21 2007, 3:02 PM EST
"Under Settings/Personal/Buttons/Backight Uncheck the box for "Enable keyboard Backlight auto sensor". Contrary to logic, unchecking this box seems to make the keybord light ALWAYS come on! I dont know about y'all, but I always want the keyboard light on... Let me know if you have the same experience..."
thnks mate..
i got my cell just two days back, n got worried as to what happened to the backlite..

initially it worked, but later on it became random.

yeah, thats the tweak, animal, thanks..!

Anonymous
Feb 26 2007, 8:55 PM EST
"Under Settings/Personal/Buttons/Backight Uncheck the box for "Enable keyboard Backlight auto sensor". Contrary to logic, unchecking this box seems to make the keybord light ALWAYS come on! I dont know about y'all, but I always want the keyboard light on... Let me know if you have the same experience..."
Thanks, been looking for a fix for a week.... 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 1 2007, 8:02 PM EST
"I find that if I cover the sensor for a couple of seconds and then hit the Dot key on the bottom-left, the keyboard light comes on. Try it an let me know if it works for you..."
Where is the light sensor? It it the little dot above the "P" key? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Animal13
Animal13
Mar 1 2007, 10:38 PM EST
"Where is the light sensor? It it the little dot above the "P" key?"
Yes, that little dot is the light sensor. The real answer we discovered is to just change the settings as ab ove and the light always comes on. There was a really great review of the TyTN (almost the same phone) that showed all the parts and had lots of great pictures. 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Stoddard
Stoddard
Oct 26 2007, 11:36 AM EDT
WOW, Such an easy fix. I have been worring about my backlight for sometime now thinking my phone was faulty in this area. That fixed it! THANKS 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 21 2007, 4:51 PM EST
Hi , I just have my HTC Tytn .
I noticed that the keyboard light is always on even when the keyboard is inside & the device is on standby.
I tried to enbale / disable Keyboard backlight sensor , soft& hard reset but no luck .
any ideas ? or any one can check his device & let me know if the light goes off when the keyboard is inside (you can check it byt looking between in dark or from the charging outlet)
Stoddard
Stoddard
Nov 21 2007, 5:18 PM EST
I think your TYTN is malfunctioning. Mine is always off when the keyboard is pushed in even in standby mode and whether it is plugged in or not. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 21 2007, 9:59 PM EST
You just saved me a friggin heart attack...I'm tearing up as I type this cuz I thought "dammit, if I have to send another friggin' phone back, I'm gonna hurt somebody" Thanks for your help! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 28 2007, 1:27 PM EST
No I have not exp this...mine works fine! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 2 2008, 4:53 PM EST
When I have had this problem, all I have to do is hit any key and the keyboard will light up. It is frustrating though! You would think that for the cost of the phone, everything would work as it should!! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 30 2008, 9:34 AM EST
Yup thats seems to have done the trick....Thanks Do you find this valuable?    
fodorp

fodorp
Aug 12 2008, 2:35 PM EDT
Thanks solved mi lighting problem - why is this not in the manual? Do you find this valuable?    
Top Contributors