• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: help me solve my problemThis is a featured thread

snna12

snna12
help me solve my problem
Apr 7 2009, 7:37 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 7 2009, 7:37 AM EDT
hi every one im using AT&T cingular 8525 cell phone i carried my cell phone to use in other region but it can,nt work please any one help me how i can remove AT&T software or reset or any other thing to remove the software please help me how i can use my cell phone.
thank you
Do you find this valuable?    
pc5637

pc5637
1. RE: help me solve my problem
Apr 7 2009, 11:01 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 7 2009, 11:01 AM EDT
Hi, you have to call AT&T to unlock your phone before your travel. They will give you the unlock code and the procedure to unlock your phone. After that, your phone can use GSM simcard from other regiion.
browntannis
browntannis
2. RE: help me solve my problem
Apr 8 2009, 10:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2009, 10:45 PM EDT
"hi every one im using AT&T cingular 8525 cell phone i carried my cell phone to use in other region but it can,nt work please any one help me how i can remove AT&T software or reset or any other thing to remove the software please help me how i can use my cell phone.
thank you"
The device is locked a few ways.
There is a SIM lock that prevents a SIM from another carrier in the device; you would need to get the subsidy unlock code from AT&T.
The ROM is CID locked so that unauthorized operating systems cannot be loaded on the device, you would need to find a way to unlock that before you can try loading a non-AT&T ROM on the device.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)