• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: tmobile internet accessThis is a featured thread

nuvision

nuvision
tmobile internet access
Feb 21 2009, 8:51 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 21 2009, 8:51 PM EST
I have a HTC Fuze & T'Mobile is my service provider. How do I use my phone as an modem?
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: tmobile internet access
Mar 4 2009, 7:42 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2009, 7:42 PM EST
"I have a HTC Fuze & T'Mobile is my service provider. How do I use my phone as an modem?"
First you need to be able to connect the Fuze to the TMO data network; if you are able to browse, send/receive email, etc. the next thing you need to do is to make sure that your service with TMO allows tethering (usually requires some provisioning on their end). Once all of that is set up, connect your Fuze to your PC via the USB. Then on the Fuze go to Start>Programs>Internet Sharing and tap on Connect.
If you get a message like "Remote Party has Ended the connection" you will need to edit your registry.
Using a Registry editor, go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings] and delete ForceCellConnection.

Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)