• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Free Radio on the TOUCH PRO?This is a featured thread

izzy4656

izzy4656
Free Radio on the TOUCH PRO?
Feb 7 2009, 6:52 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2009, 6:52 PM EST
Hey does anybody know how to get free internet radio like pandora or slacker on the htc touch pro??
They are both available on the iphone and blackberrys..,
Any ideas??
Do you find this valuable?    
_t2_
_t2_
1. RE: Free Radio on the TOUCH PRO?
Feb 27 2009, 9:47 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 27 2009, 9:47 PM EST
Amazing that Pandora can't produce CAB version for HTC touch/pro/hd phones as single high-end WM platform. An initial carrier slant is pretty evident.

Going via IEM, Opera and SkyFire browsers pretty much a disappointment; there are some other browsers I just don't have cycles to try them. I'm on the CDMA-VZW network, ymmv.

For the Pandora application, you could try version 1.0.25 found via [http://blogs.msdn.com/aniyer/archive/2008/12/16/pandora-on-windows-mobile.aspx] but be advised that the graphics have display issues, and touch is nearly non-responsive. HEY IT WORKS is legible, and seems to stream my selected stations just fine, only needs an occasional "OK" i'm still here prompt. Eventually I'll try it a go over wi-fi. This CAB is 777k.

If you're using standard headphones with the YC A300 (or equivalent YC A100/YC A120 Y-cables) things are good, although there are some audio issues when using BT headphones after calls or high-priority exchange email (verbal alert) requiring some gamesmanship to reactivate.

I have not tried that alternate CAB via [http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=1804] although it's a FUSE version for the AT&T network, so I'd encourage you to try that one and see if its any better on Touch Pro if ur on that GSM carrier. This CAB is 225k.

Let me know how it went if u decide 2 go 4 it.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)