• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: messagesThis is a featured thread

ely_t

ely_t
Feb 2 2009, 7:03 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 2 2009, 7:03 AM EST
i have problem with the messages on my AT&T TILT 8925 , i could not see the contact name when i receive a new sms.
plz help.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: messages
Feb 3 2009, 2:09 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 3 2009, 2:09 PM EST
"i have problem with the messages on my AT&T TILT 8925 , i could not see the contact name when i receive a new sms.
plz help.
"
What shows up on the From Field??? If it is just the number instead of a name (if you have that number saved to a Contact on your phone) that is due to a difference in the number format; if it is different in any way, the phone wont recognize it.
Example
Programmed in my phone as 555-555-5555
SMS shows incoming message fron 1-555-555-5555
Although the numbers are technically the same, they are off by 1 digit and the phone wont recognize it as an existing contact.
Do you find this valuable?    
ely_t

ely_t
2. RE: messages
Feb 4 2009, 2:51 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 4 2009, 2:51 AM EST
that is exactly what is happening to me, if i change the contact number to be shown at the messages then i could not see the contact name when i receive a phone call , vice-versa.
my device has a WM 6.1 OS.
but my old ones were an HP IPAQ and an IMATE JAM IN with WM 5 OS . i had not these problems berfore .

please any help to solve this issue.
thanks a lot guys.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)